Author Topic: FENIX 320: how to proceed with loading the plane  (Read 4252 times)

kano

FENIX 320: how to proceed with loading the plane
« on: October 08, 2022, 09:55:15 am »
When with the fenix, before any loading,... let me describe my process:

C&D
Dock jetway
Power up the plane and some bits and bobs
(now simbrief is ready, loaded in the EFB...)
Request refuelling
Truck arrives, prepares and
GSX ask for the plane refueling system to be initiated by the pilot
I then click load the plane real time in the EFB...

and here is my question, when you do that, the fenix also load the cargo and passengers, but GSX asked needs cargo to be loaded after the fuel truck is gone (quite rightly though).

And in adition, I rather not to refuel when passengers are boarding.

Is there other procedure better than the one I use that allows for this?

Best

A

Dal123

Re: FENIX 320: how to proceed with loading the plane
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2022, 11:14:09 am »
Load cargo first, then during cargo loading order fuel. Once fuel amount is asked to be inputed on pad, insert and then ask for passenger loading. This flows for me the best.
Gary Boivin

kano

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2022, 12:05:50 pm »
Gary

Thanks for your help, but would you mind to be a bit more specific? See below:

Load cargo first, OK, but from where? The EFB does not provide the facility to do it separately, you just have a pinky rectangle that says (and executes) load aircraft, loading everything, passengers, fuel and cargo. So how you mean you load cargo first without triggering the rest.

then during cargo loading order fuel. Am I right assuming that you are ordering fuel now from GSX? However, if the point above is not resolve, GSX will arrive late as fuelling has been triggered by the pinky box click (and GSX procedure expects you to do that when GSX ask for it, not before..)

Once fuel amount is asked to be input on pad, insert and then ask for passenger loading. Obviously if the above is p[roperly clarified, this may be resolved as well, but I never been asked to input any fuel in the EFB (I assume is the pad you mention) as it gets load when you call the simbrief OFP.

So please, check carefully how I proceed and try to be specific describing either how you do it or where are changes have to make, it will help me lots. As you put now, seems to me you don't use simbrief...?

Cheers

K

This flows for me the best.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 01:08:41 pm by kano »

Dal123

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2022, 01:50:03 am »
!st disable jetway and door animation in the Fenix EFB. {This allows GSX to control animations.}
I than call for jetway, this is an option if you prefer, or you can just wait when you ask GSX to board passengers later.
Call catering from GSX. During animation then call for fuel truck (GSX menu) When truck arrives wait for it to ask you to use your EFB. Use the EFB to load your plane (fuel and passengers) I set time to load for fast. At this time I ask GSX to load passengers. This will start the animations for the doors and jetway. Once refueling is done the baggage will be loaded automatically. That's why you want to set fast load on Fenix EFB for loading. Hope this helps. Also I do use Simbrief
Gary Boivin

kano

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2022, 10:57:10 pm »
Ah! I see, I'll give it go then with those details. I may not come back in 10 days, travelling for work) but as soon as return I'll try

Thanks