Author Topic: Don't have GSX pro jetways  (Read 1417 times)

Aumkem

Don't have GSX pro jetways
« on: August 20, 2022, 06:54:54 pm »
Hi,
I  have completely uninstalled  GSX2 for P3D as well as GSX PRO; community is clean , i have deleted all FSDT folders in the PC.

Restarted the PC , installed GSX PRO , the editor works but i still see default ASOBO jetways and i don't have the customize jetways button in the editor ..

I am lost and don't know what to do more

Note : FSDT live update failed as well , it cuts before the end of process , i can only use universal installer to update but it don't change anything .. i can't have GSX Pro jetways and edit default ones as well.

Please help
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 06:58:51 pm by Aumkem »

Aumkem

Re: Don't have GSX pro jetways
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2022, 10:41:30 am »
Hello,

I still have the jetway issue .
I have uninstall everything from FSDT once again and cleaned up all folders then reinstalled and updated GSX PRO .

Not FSDT jetways are here and i don't have the "customize jetways" button

Thanks for the help on it

Best regards

Aumkem

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2022, 02:25:26 pm »
Hi ,

I tried on another of my cutsom airports and have the same issue.
Here it is a log hopping you can help me.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2022, 04:37:51 pm »
There are no issues there, you are just assuming jetway customization in MSFS would work the same as GSX L2 + SODE, but it isn't, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26495.msg175054.html#msg175054

In fact, if you checked the GSX manual for MSFS, there's nothing about Jetways customization there. What you have in GSX for MSFS, when jetways are concerned, is better global jetway replacement product for *default* sceneries.

Aumkem

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2022, 10:02:02 pm »
Dear Umberto,

First of all thank you for taking the time to answer me and thank you in advance for your answer to this post.

Indeed being familiar with and holder of the two previous GSX, I only briefly browsed the manual and did not note this information.

It was impossible for me to read the manual before purchasing.

When I saw jetway replacement in the available functions, it seemed logical to me that it would be like for GSX2.

By the way, I asked the question several times and I was told that the custom jetways would be available which misled me.

The fact is also that at the first installation of GSX PRO and at the first launch on the LFBZ custom scenery, I had the GSX PRO jetways.

Then over the issues with the editor, I uninstalled GSX 2 (P3D) made the updates of GSX PRO and the jetways became those of Asobo again.

1. The problem is that even on a default scenery I still have the basic Asobo jetways. (Your forum don't allow me to add the screen , it respect fromat and size , i can send it by email if you want)

2. On my custom scenery (LFBZ) these are the basic Asobo jetways, the same as in the basic sceneries so I don't understand why they couldn't be replaced in the same way.

3.Before drawing active conclusions, can you tell me if this function is planned soon?

I am the creator of the Pilot Experience Sim sceneries and I have always praised your work, encouraged PESIM users to buy GSX, and in the same way always made extremely advanced profiles in our airports.

Custom jetways are essential and used in many payware airports because yours are better that a lot of custom ones and works better.
I hope that the integration of this function is planned

Thanks a lot.
Best regards
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 10:13:51 pm by Aumkem »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2022, 12:42:10 am »
About product representation, we always use the word "replacement", which is a completely different feature that "user customization". Apart from the manual, this is what the web page says about Jetways:

http://fsdreamteam.com/products_gsxpro.html

GSX comes with hundreds (more than 300) different Jetway logos for many airports around the world, each one available in multiple models (Metal, Metal Corrugated, Glass) which are selected automatically by airport and region, all available at the same time, because we supply the program with more than 900 individual sceneries to replace Jetways worldwide. The GSX Configuration Panel can be used to exclude specific airports from Jetway replacement.

So what is said here, is that we supplied 900 replacement sceneries for airports around the world, selected automatically. Nowhere it suggests you could modify jetways, or apply jetways in airports other than the ones we supplied with.

By the way, I asked the question several times and I was told that the custom jetways would be available which misled me.

You surely have *custom* jetways available, because we made those, and we added to the 900 .BGL we supply GSX with. I don't think anybody from FSDT ever said anything about having *customizable* jetways, which is a different thing.  In FSX/P3D, this was achieved through a combination of:

- The GSX L2 Paid Expansion

- The SODE freeware plug-in, which is not available in MSFS

1. The problem is that even on a default scenery I still have the basic Asobo jetways. (Your forum don't allow me to add the screen , it respect fromat and size , i can send it by email if you want)

This is another problem entirely, and it's not supposed to happen. The forum surely allows you to Attach an image, what error you got ?

Aumkem

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2022, 10:21:10 am »
Hello,

I undertand the situation thanks.
I never said that  someone of FSDT told me that , just have the answer on one of your FB post...

If i can re ask you 2 things please :

1. Why you can't do this ? replace default Asobo jetways in custom sceneries , they are the same of stock sceneries and few simples addons with less reputation and background than FSDT can replace some Simobjects easally in custom sceneries (like animated ground vehicles etc...) .
I don't undertand why you can replace the Default Asobo jetways in default sceneries and not the same default Asobo jetways in custom sceneries sorry.

2.Will you do it or can you think to do it please

3. I have verified on another default scenery (LFPO) and have the FSDT jetways now..

Thanks
Best regards
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 10:44:21 am by Aumkem »