Author Topic: Live Update not working **SOLVED**  (Read 3337 times)

Hazza

Live Update not working **SOLVED**
« on: April 03, 2021, 02:41:20 am »
Hi All,
P3Dv5.1, Win 10, Windows Security Disabled, No AV installed but Exception added. When I go to run the Live Update it fails. I have attached a image to show the screen it gets to before it crashes out.

It worked last weekend and I have not updated any programs or Windows since.

I should note that Couatl_Updater2.exe is present but only 2KB in size.

Any help appreciated

Hazza
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 05:10:59 pm by virtuali »
Cheers

Hazza

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Live Update not working
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 11:24:29 am »
The problem is not related to the antivirus but, most likely, the firewall, which is blocking the download.

Hazza

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 08:02:38 am »
Hi Umberto, thanks for the reply. I checked the Firewall and allowed Couatl (both instances) to be allowed through in both directions. I also tried with the firewall disabled. Still no joy. Are you able to provide the Protocol/s and Port/s I would need to enable in case it is my Router (even though I have not changed any Network settings for months).

Cheers

Hazza
Cheers

Hazza

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 09:53:01 am »
There's nothing special you are supposed to do, other than being sure the download is not blocked by either the antivirus or the firewall.

dipperdolphin

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2022, 12:55:28 am »
Also getting this, allowed through both the firewall and antivirus.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2022, 01:45:46 pm »

You are replying to a post from last year, if you checked the sticky thread on the top of this section, it has been reported that lots of users fixed the Live update not starting by installing the new FSDT Universal Installer, which even if it can't install FSX/P3D products (not required, since their installers are always freely available), it can be used as an updater. In fact, it's the new version of the updater, just running with a different interface, when started from the FSDT Installer icon.

It's possible that just installing the Universal Installer might fix something problems you had in your system which prevented the updater from running, since the installer install and registers some required libraries which might have ended up missing/corrupted on your system.

dipperdolphin

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2022, 02:06:50 pm »

You are replying to a post from last year, if you checked the sticky thread on the top of this section, it has been reported that lots of users fixed the Live update not starting by installing the new FSDT Universal Installer, which even if it can't install FSX/P3D products (not required, since their installers are always freely available), it can be used as an updater. In fact, it's the new version of the updater, just running with a different interface, when started from the FSDT Installer icon.

It's possible that just installing the Universal Installer might fix something problems you had in your system which prevented the updater from running, since the installer install and registers some required libraries which might have ended up missing/corrupted on your system.
Cheers, that fixed it.