Author Topic: GSX problem  (Read 1950 times)

Jeffmj

GSX problem
« on: May 10, 2022, 02:22:57 am »
Hi, I got a problem with the Gsx. The Gsx worked well before, but after I installed the PMDG 777 that eventually doesn't work at RKSI and said " The Couatl Scripting Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error and will be restarted." So I tried to run the live update and then the live update says "Delete directory C:\ProgramData\virtuali\couatle failed". I reinstalled the Gsx a few times, restarted the laptop a few times, and ran the universal installer a few times, but the problem is not solved and keeps saying the same thing. I've looked at the previous post which seems to be the same problem that I have, can't find any solution yet.

Jeffmj

Re: GSX problem
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 03:02:45 am »
Python 2.7.16 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (default, Mar  9 2019, 21:32:11) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)] wxPython 3.0.2.0
couatl v4.0 (build 4642)
log started on Mon May  9 16:33:31 2022
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 05:35:53 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 05:37:47 pm »
First, you should always ATTACH the ZIP-ed log, not post it, because the forum software might change some characters, which might be important.

Also, you need to post a log when you got the error. If you choose to restart Couatl when asked, the log will be overwritten, so it won't be useful for diagnostic. After you get the error, exit the sim, don't restart, and your log should contain the more detailed error log.

Jeffmj

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2022, 01:41:48 am »
Sorry, here's the log for the error

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2022, 05:20:05 pm »
Sorry, here's the log for the error

The log shows no errors, other than GSX was still running, and since it detected the connection with the sim has been interrupted, it existed normally, since this usually means the sim has crashed for other reasons.

Jeffmj

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2022, 05:22:26 pm »
Then would I better to reinstall the sim?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2022, 05:27:09 pm »
You said "it doesn't work at RKSI", does it mean it works elsewhere ? If yes, maybe the problem might be a corrupted scenery file, rather than a problem with the sim itself.

Jeffmj

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2022, 05:35:59 pm »
I see then I think I’d better to reinstall the scenery or contact to pacsim

Jeffmj

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2022, 12:47:53 am »
I contacted to pacsim, and they said they can't work on 3rd party of their product. I tried to reinstall the scenery again, but the gsx still doesn't work. While I was finding solution, I found this. Can you help me with that?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2022, 11:33:09 am »
Your log shows the problem:

- You used a custom GSX profile you either made yourself or downloaded from somewhere, which was made for P3D V4, which used a custom texture for the jetway logo, named KE

- P3D V5 doesn't support custom textures, it can only use jetway logos that are already included with it.

However, something is strange, because we thought about this, and there's specific code in GSX that, when it runs in P3D V5 and it finds an airport with a custom GSX profile using a custom texture made for P3D V4, it will IGNORE that logo, and will switch to default selection for that gate, and that is precisely to prevent the error you are seeing.

Also, if you try to edit the gates with the scenery customization page, a new copy of the GSX .INI profile will be made, containing a "p3d5only" setting, so you won't lose your original profile ( in case you use both P3D V4 and V5 ), so V4 will continue to use the old profile with custom textures and V5 will use the new one, preventing the errors.

I don't know why this doesn't work for you, because it should. Please attach your GSX .INI as well, perhaps there's another problem with it that is preventing from this system to work. File is named, per your log, as:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali/GSX\rksi-yv5jav.ini

Jeffmj

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2022, 07:23:52 pm »
Hi, I solved the problem. I found the ini file on the folder and just removed and works. Thank you for your support!