Author Topic: GSX does not work  (Read 1548 times)

henderson80

GSX does not work
« on: May 01, 2022, 04:36:54 pm »
I have installed and uninstalled GSX like 4 times.I have done all the exclusions.I have used the universal installer.I still can't get GSX into the addons in FSX.I am at the end here.I don't know what else to do.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX does not work
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 09:08:44 am »
Your report is very inaccurate, saying "GSX doesn't work" doesn't tell anything. What do you mean with it ? You see some errors at start ? If are missing some menus ? If yes, which ones ?

You said "still can't get GSX into the addons in FSX", taken literally, it might indicate you are missing ONLY the GSX menu from the "Addons" menu, which is ONE kind of problem that is completely different compared to other menu items missing and would require a completely different troubleshooting process so, try to be more precise in your report and indicate if:

- You are missing only the GSX menu from the Addons menu

- You are missing both the GSX menu and the Couatl menu

- You are missing every FSDT menu, GSX, Couatl AND the Addon Manager

These are 3 different cases, which completely different causes and solution, so I need to know which one is which.

henderson80

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 12:47:07 pm »
Sorry for the short version.When I do the install I am installing into the D drive,FSX is also in the D drive.I don't know if that makes a difference,so after I do the install I open up FSX and on the top bar I have a tab that says addons,I click on that and the only thing that is there is the fsuipc.I was expecting to see GSX and Coutal,but they are not there.I tried yesterday for the first time using the universal installer but that didn't help any.I went into my windows defender firewall and did all the exclusions and I also did that in my eset antvirus and still GSX did not work.In my D drive directory there is a folder labeled Addon manager,am I supposed to do any thing in there?Years ago when I had FSX and GSX on my computer I never had these problems.Now I use my laptop,I have windows 10.My FSX version is 10.0.61637.0 How can I find out which version of GSX will work with this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 03:49:00 pm »
The Universal Installer can't be used to install an FSX/P3D product, only to update them, because they have their installers always freely available here, so the install feature is not required, is for MSFS only.

Please clarify if you installed GSX from a recent download, or you used an old installer you downloaded a while ago.

henderson80

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2022, 04:04:41 pm »
I am aware that universal installer activates only.Just today I uninstalled and reinstalled from the fsdreamteam site.I have FSX with Accelaration,I don't know if there are issues with Accelaration,but I also have PMDG 747 which will not work without Accelaration.Tell me something please.Does it matter where I install the addon manager.It was in my D drive in the FSX folder,now it is in my C drive in program files (86)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2022, 11:33:59 pm »
I don't know if there are issues with Accelaration

There aren't any issues with FSX Acceleration, of course. In fact, it's the only version supported, together with the Steam version.

Does it matter where I install the addon manager.It was in my D drive in the FSX folder,now it is in my C drive in program files (86)

It doesn't matter when you install the Addon Manager, if you install it using the proper installer. If you MOVE IT, instead, nothing will work. Please clarify what do you mean with "it was in my D drive, now it's on C". Have you moved it ?

henderson80

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2022, 10:30:49 am »
I read somewhere that someone installed the addon manager into their C drive and it worked,he actaully had the GSX  and Coautl menu in the addon manager in FSX.So I deceided to install it into my C drive.I have not moved anything,it screws everything up once you do that.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2022, 05:28:09 pm »
If you only used the installer to install, there's no reason whatsoever why GSX wouldn't work, unless you FSX installation has issues, like Simconnect not working, of conflicting older Simconnect versions installed by other add-ons that use older version ( GSX use exactly the one from Acceleration pack ).

So, either your FSX install has issues, preventing GSX to run, or it's the antivirus/firewall so, again, repeat the one and proved method that works:

- Uninstall GSX. At the end of the installation, reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?"

- Configure the antivirus to the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions.

- Be sure no firewall might possibly block the updater.

- Reinstall GSX, and if you have enough space on C: drive, just accept the default folder, which is perfectly fine. But any other folder/drive will work. The worse choice would be, instead, installing "inside" the main FSX folder, don't do that.

- When you restart FSX, pay attention if it ask permission to run the program ( the security question with the yellow shield ). If you don't see it, we already have a problem.