Author Topic: GSX Random Warping  (Read 1431 times)

steveharrison880

GSX Random Warping
« on: May 02, 2022, 11:12:44 am »
When I load up various aircraft, mainly the Majestic Q400, I try to warp to a parking position but it would put me at a random position on the airfield, sometimes outside the airfield. GSX is pointing to the correct AFCAD and have tried with many airports. I have attached two images to show what I mean.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Random Warping
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 03:53:33 pm »
When I load up various aircraft, mainly the Majestic Q400, I try to warp to a parking position but it would put me at a random position on the airfield, sometimes outside the airfield.

Check if your problem is the one that has been discussed so many times, caused by an uncalibrated joystick, and last time discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,22443.0.html

or here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24757.msg164069.html#msg164069
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 03:56:51 pm by virtuali »

steveharrison880

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 08:17:41 pm »
My joystick and rudder are set up correctly and up to date so unsure if this is the problem. I have a video of what happens but unsure on how to post it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 11:30:31 pm »
My joystick and rudder are set up correctly

I haven't said they are setup incorrectly, just that IN SLEW MODE, a calibration that might appear to be ok in regular use, can be enough to move the plane quite far away from the intended parking position. Which is why, the linked post suggest to remove all joystick axes from SLEW MODE only, which likely won't need.

steveharrison880

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2022, 10:05:41 am »
I don't think the issue is with slew mode as it appears to be an instantaneous glitch to a point rather than a transition. I have a video to show what happens, is there any way I can send this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2022, 05:29:58 pm »
I don't think the issue is with slew mode as it appears to be an instantaneous glitch to a point rather than a transition. I have a video to show what happens, is there any way I can send this?

Please clarify if:

- the distance from the intended parking looks similar, at each parking

- if it happen with every airplane. You said it happens "mainly" with the Majestic Q400, are you sure it's not happening ONLY with it ? The non-standard flight model used by that plane might explain the issue.