Author Topic: AS A330 Unable to change parking position when using warp  (Read 1017 times)

keithgiannoni

AS A330 Unable to change parking position when using warp
« on: April 29, 2022, 04:48:58 pm »
Hi,
I recently purchased the AS A330. When I select an airport gate and load from the P3D Menu, the aircraft positions correctly. If I then use the GSX menu and select another gate, then warp to it, the aircraft positions near  the selected gate but at a diagonal and facing in the wrong direction. When I select the GSX menu, the option to deboard/board is unavailable clearly as the a/c is not aligned to any gate. The menu offers gate selection again, but if another gate is selected the above is repeated. I have reinstalled and updated GSX as well as restarting and rebuild cache. I have also tried it with the default airports to no avail. It only seems to happen with this aircraft. I have P3DV5 latest hotfix, W10. A search of the Forum does not appear to find an exact match to this issue.
The pictures show original parking, B07 selected then B15. I very rarely have any issues with GSX. Any help, please?

Best,

Keith
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 04:51:06 pm by keithgiannoni »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: AS A330 Unable to change parking position when using warp
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 07:20:14 pm »
You haven't said which airport this happened at. Is it only that airport or does it happen at other airports.
Captain Kevin

keithgiannoni

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2022, 07:27:03 pm »
Hi,

Apologies, this is Berlin EDDB but happens at every airport.

Keith

keithgiannoni

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2022, 08:01:12 pm »
Typically, when you post something in a forum with an issue you have had for a few days, the same issue suddenly disappears without any obvious reasons!!!
I will continue checking, but at present all seems good!!!

Keith

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2022, 10:53:03 pm »
When the airplane is positioned by GSX in the wrong position, it's always due to GSX not reading the correct AFCAD for some reason, usually a conflicting AFCAD from another scenery, but there might be other reasons, one might be the "airport inside the airport" problem, explained at Page 26 of the manual.

The first thing to do when something like this happens, is checking the GSX parking customization page, which will tell which AFCAD GSX is taking its data from, which usually suggest what might be the problem.

keithgiannoni

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2022, 05:09:16 pm »
Thanks, Umberto. Very helpful as always. All good.

Best,

Keith