Author Topic: Products in trial mode **SOLVED**  (Read 2398 times)

XPPED3

Products in trial mode **SOLVED**
« on: April 11, 2022, 06:17:07 pm »
So I was just starting up a flight and started boarding passengers via GSX, and all of a sudden p3d crashed.

After that I restarted p3d loaded into the same position but when I tried load up the GSX menu, it is not shown on the addons menu and in addons manager, all the products just turn into trial mode.

Then, I quit p3d and turned off all the anti-virus and run the update, and it came up with an message saying unable to delete airport cache.

After a reboot of my computer, the GSX update ran without the message but it crashed mid way through the update and when I tried to load back onto p3d ,GSX is still not shown on the addons menu and all the products are still in trial mode.

I have all the anti-virus turned off and excluded addon manager on windows defender during the whole process.

Anything I could do to trouble shot this problem? Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 12:20:09 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl

XPPED3

XPPED3

Re: Products in trial mode
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 03:40:39 am »
A quick update, after changing some uninstalling.exe number, I am able to use GSX again but for some reason all the airport I purchased went from trial mod to active but not installed in scenery library, anything I could do to fix the issue?

XPPED3

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 05:24:06 am »
And I ran into the same problem again

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2022, 08:54:23 am »
And yes I am updating via the fsdt universal updater

You never said that.

A quick update, after changing some uninstalling.exe number

Please clarify what do you mean.

I am able to use GSX again

That means everything's working.

but for some reason all the airport I purchased went from trial mod to active

That means everything's working.

but not installed in scenery library

That usually indicates a problem with the sim installation, like a wrong registry key for the sim, pointing in the wrong folder or missing altogether. This might also be caused by running the sim in a wrong Compatibility mode ( they must all be turned off ), but also running the sim in another user account it was originally installed from, but also having used "migration" add-ons the play with the sim and/or its registry keys, but also by using some registry cleaner which has cleaned too much, but also by having used a 3rd party manager for add-on.xml products, but also by having manually disabled the sceneries from the Options->Add-ons

Fact the products are now shown as "Active", it means everything is correctly on our side so, if the sceneries are active but not show as present in the scenery library, it's something external.

And I ran into the same problem again

If the updater can't clear the cache, it can only be caused by:

- You trying to run it when the simulator is still running, or is still closing. And yes, if you have many add-ons, it will take longer AFTER you see the sim icon disappear.

- The antivirus blocking access to that folder.

The first problem will surely be fixed by doing an updated after a Windows restart. The antivirus problem can only be fixed by configuring the antivirus to not interfere.

XPPED3

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2022, 10:16:03 am »
Sorry that took really long but the issue is still there.

I did a complete reinstall of GSX and when I launch p3d for the first time after reinstalling, GSX appeared on the addon menu and showing product is active but when I toggle control (Control + shift + F12) the menu did not pop up like it use to, and when I restarted the coatl, the GSX menu just completely disappeared from my addon menu, which addon manager showing product in trial mode again.

Which then I closed p3d and restarted my computer to do a GSX update, the FSDT updater crashed mid way and here is the screen of the FSDT updater before it crashed.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 12:19:30 pm by virtuali »

XPPED3

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2022, 10:43:22 am »
I disabled one of the addon that I suspect might be faulty that I have installed in the last few days and now GSX works again. Thank you for the troubleshot.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 12:19:42 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2022, 12:20:01 pm »
I disabled one of the addon that I suspect might be faulty that I have installed in the last few days and now GSX works again. Thank you for the troubleshot.

I was quite sure it was something else, as usually is.