Author Topic: couatle and trial mode / activation  (Read 1442 times)

Jasona1972

couatle and trial mode / activation
« on: March 29, 2022, 04:14:27 am »
Hello all

I recently had to install all of my FSDT airports. Afterwards I went into the "sim menu / add on manager" to activate them and got the error message below trying to activate any of them. I tried doing what is said in the error message and none of it seems to work. In the process of looking at forums it doesn't seem I understand what is said or it is not exactly the same as my problem. in the process of all of this I saw that there is "FSDT Installer" now. I thought it was working when I went to enter all of the serial numbers for my airports and they all showed as "activated" in the "FSDT installer". However, now when I load a flight I get the message about how my trial mode is starting and one saying trial mode has ended. I am wondering if anybody can help with a more basic explanation of what is going on and what to do. Also, I am wondering if anybody knows why installing FSDT airports always has to be such a pain of a project.

Thanks
Jason

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: couatle and trial mode / activation
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2022, 04:00:25 pm »
I thought it was working when I went to enter all of the serial numbers for my airports and they all showed as "activated" in the "FSDT installer". However, now when I load a flight I get the message about how my trial mode is starting and one saying trial mode has ended. I am wondering if anybody can help with a more basic explanation of what is going on and what to do.

You have done everything correctly and, if the new Installer shows the products as Active, THEY ARE ACTIVE, no question about it.

However, you haven't said if you STILL get the same error message about the antivirus in the sim, even after installing the new Installer. If you still have the error, we are back to the antivirus, still blocking either the software itself ( the Couatl scripting engine ) or the DOWNLOAD of the correct version the Installer tried to perform. In case of a blocked download, that might also a firewall problem, not necessarily an antivirus problem.

So, as usual:

- Configure the antivirus to have the WHOLE Addon Manager folder added to its EXCLUSION

- Be sure your firewall is not blocking online access to the updater.

- Run the FSDT Updater again AFTER you checked both of the above.

- If that still doesn't work, try doing it again after a Windows restart.

Jasona1972

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2022, 11:28:07 pm »
It seems that when I went to see if I got  the error message in the sim / add on manager that the box came up to put the serial numbers in instead of getting the error message. I put in the serial numbers in the sim / add on manager and it all seems ok now.

Do I really need to put serial numbers in at the FSDT Installer and within the sim / add on manager?

I also feel like I had to turn all protection off to the point that it was so wide open that a 747 could fly thru my PC. Is this really necessary?

Jason
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 03:34:27 am by Jasona1972 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2022, 08:36:19 am »
Do I really need to put serial numbers in at the FSDT Installer and within the sim / add on manager?

Surely not, the activation is the same. If it's active, it's active.

I also feel like I had to turn all protection off to the point that it was so wide open that a 747 could fly thru my PC. Is this really necessary?

And that's precisely why we NEVER suggested to "turn off all protection". There's no need to turn anything off, you just need to add the Addon Manager folder to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS and, if required, give the updater permission to go online from the firewall. It's a *downloader* IT MUST be allowed to download, how do you expect it to work otherwise ?