Author Topic: GSX Not working after installation  (Read 2864 times)

Hashtag1

GSX Not working after installation
« on: March 20, 2022, 01:01:13 pm »
Hello, so i recently bought gsx and whenever i install it it either shows up in the addons and gives an error saying AFCAD is not valid or it just never shows up in the addons however Addon Manager does appear.  Am using FSX Steam Edition.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 01:04:32 pm by Hashtag1 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Not working after installation
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 07:02:09 pm »
The sticky thread in this very section, marked SOLVED, contained the solution on the first reply:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25999.0.html

As discussed in so many other posts about this, your problem is surely caused by the antivirus.

Some users reported success using the new FSDT Universal installer that has been posted on the NEWS section of the Home page.

http://www.virtualisoftware.com/update/FSDT_Universal_Installer.exe

Install the Universal Installer, start it with the "FSDT Installer" icon from the Desktop, and use it to update all products.

Hashtag1

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 01:41:41 am »
If you can just take a look at my attachments (couatl log, dll and exe files) for any errors in the dll and exe please fix them and send them over.
When i was installing gsx an error popped up of something like line 1, position 46 for the dll file and encode to ANSI of which i dont understand.
Please i need help i just bought the products

Note that i zipped the couatl log file

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2022, 02:06:33 am »
If you can just take a look at my attachments (couatl log, dll and exe files) for any errors in the dll and exe please fix them and send them over.
When i was installing gsx an error popped up of something like line 1, position 46 for the dll file and encode to ANSI of which i dont understand.
Please i need help i just bought the products

Note that i zipped the couatl log file
Did you actually upload the zipped file, because I don't even see it.
Captain Kevin

Hashtag1

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2022, 07:52:37 am »
For some unknown reason its telling me that i cannot upload that type of file, i have tried the zip, xml still not uploading, is there any other option i can send you the three files?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2022, 08:58:53 am »

Ok, that's easy, the problem doesn't obviously have anything to do with our products, and it's caused by your DLL.XML file being corrupted by another faulty installed ( or by having hand-edited ), and our installer is checking it before doing any changes, because trying to modify a corrupted XML would risk corrupting it even more.

That specific error is caused by the XML encoding in the header not matching the actual file encoding, a common mistake caused by other installers that don't realize if they save the file back and change it ( for example ), from ANSI to UTF-8, they should also update the header, otherwise the file is syntactically illegal.

I believe the installer gave you a choice if you wanted to create a brand new DLL.XML from scratch, but in the case if you have other modules that require that file, they will have to be reinstalled.

A solution is to open the XML file using a text editor that lets you change the file encoding, change to ANSI, and save it back. An example of an editor that can do this, is the free Notepad++

Of course, any time you edit an XML file manually, you must also ensure your are saving it in the correct format, according to its header so, if it's like the default ( Windows-1252 ), you must save it in ANSI.

The DLL.XML file is located here:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\DLL.XML

or here, if you have (or had) both FSX and FSX:SE installed together at any time

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX-SE\DLL.XML

Hashtag1

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2022, 10:55:55 am »
Thanks alot that solved the issue, i also solved the AFCAD issue by copying my scenery.cfg file to PROGRAMDATA, Virtuli, fsx