Author Topic: GSX crashes on passenger boarding  (Read 2179 times)

srcraig

GSX crashes on passenger boarding
« on: February 27, 2022, 12:00:19 pm »
Dear Umberto

I would be grateful for your help. GSX / Win10 / P3D V5 all up to date. FSLabs only.

With the recent update when boarding commences it speeds up (eg the overhead bin noise is rapid) and coatll crashes and has to be restarted. I have attached the log for your information. GSX worked perfectly before this with the settings as per FSLabs.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Stewart

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX crashes on passenger boarding
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 08:18:12 am »
First, do not copy the Log into a Word file but, instead, ZIP IT and Attach it to a post as it is.

Also, your log doesn't show any errors, but since you said "Couatl crashes", the problem might be you sent a log after you replied Yes to the question about restarting it. This would generate a new log, overwriting the one which contained what might have been a useful error message.

If you want to keep the error from a session, you should reply NO to the request to restart Couatl automatically after an error, so the Log will meaningful, because it should contain the error.

srcraig

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 05:21:15 pm »
Dear Umberto

I have attached a ZIP file after another crash. I hope this helps.

Regards

Stewart

srcraig

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 08:41:30 am »
Any update with the new log file?

Stewart

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 09:46:41 am »
Yes, I see what's happening and, it looks very similar to what happened to this user here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26000.msg170812.html#msg170812

However, you log show something strange, which is ANOTHER Add-on continuously setting the passenger number, as it was in a loop, which is obviously wrong, since the passenger number set by external Add-ons should be done only ONCE, before GSX needs it.

I find strange the other user reported it happened ONLY at EGLL, and your log indicates you are at EGLL as well, and both of your are using the FS Labs A321. Is this happening at EGLL only for you as well ?

srcraig

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 01:33:58 pm »
Thanks Umberto

I have had this issue at several airports, all payware. I do not use any other programmes other than payware airports, Orbx, Active Sky, FS2 Crew, ProATCX, Envtex and Envshade. I have not changed any other settings and it started after the recent update. P3D v5.3 HF2 and Win 10 all up-to-date. Used your new installer and run everything as an administrator.

Maybe I should re-install?

Thanks once again

Stewart

srcraig

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2022, 05:25:39 pm »
Dear Umberto

I have attached todays log file in zip format from a crash at EHAM using external stairs. Same issue, boarding sounds speed up until Couatl crashes.

Thanks again

Stewart

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2022, 10:31:07 am »
I know WHY the program crashes, and it's  because it's exhausted SOUND resources, because it's regenerating too many passengers, because an external add-on seem to set the passenger number over and over, in a loop, when normally it should be done only once.

Can you test it with another airplane ?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 03:21:14 pm by virtuali »

srcraig

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2022, 03:20:20 pm »
Hi

I re-installed GSX from scratch and the issue persists at boarding. I have no other payware aircraft I use apart from FSLabs to try it with. I have used Simbrief for flight planning for 2 years and all the weights are correct. I only use payware airports and sceneries (Orbx) with Active Sky, ProATCX , ENVTEX / ENVSHADE and FS2crew.

Do you have any ideas that this 'addon' which is causing the problem could be?

Thanks

Stewart

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2022, 03:26:24 pm »
Do you have any ideas that this 'addon' which is causing the problem could be?

I already said what is causing it: according to your log, another add-on is resetting the passenger / crew number continuously in a loop, when in fact this should only be done once, just before Boarding or Deboarding, and that's restarts the generation of passengers before existing ones have a chance to be removed, eventually exhausting the audio resources available for their sounds.

The way L: variable work, is not possible for GSX to know which add-on is doing that, maybe there is more than one setting the same variable, from example an external automation script ( Linda / FSUIPC Lua, etc. )

srcraig

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2022, 10:50:41 am »
Unfortunately I don't use Linda and FSUIPC is on default settings.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2022, 03:22:49 pm »
Unfortunately I don't use Linda and FSUIPC is on default settings.

That's not an exhaustive list, just some ideas but, it's clear from your log, the crew/passenger number IS being reset continuously by an external add-on, which shouldn't happen.