Author Topic: Custom airport made in ADE and GSX jetways  (Read 1161 times)

Alex B

Custom airport made in ADE and GSX jetways
« on: February 24, 2022, 09:06:03 am »
I created a custom version of LAX using ADE. When I activate GSX, it doesn't seem to want to automatically replace any of the defaut FSX jetways from my modified KLAX. What has to happen here, will I have to manually customize each gate with a GSX jetway?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Custom airport made in ADE and GSX jetways
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 09:11:36 am »
The default jetways are disabled by disabling their MODEL, so it can't be visible if they are disabled, regardless of the scenery you use. It's not very clear from your message if you still SEE the default jetways at your modified KLAX or not.

If you still see them, check other default airports: do you see the jetways ? If yes, then the only possible explanation is you haven't used the default jetways at your modified KLAX.

If you see default jetways everywhere, it means you must have reactivated with the GSX Control Panel utility, so just disable them again. This can also happen if you reinstall the simulator, but not GSX, since the deactivation happens when you install GSX.

Alex B

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2022, 11:20:12 am »
The default jetways I created with the scenery are all visible and activate. So you are saying that I should deactivate them all from the GSX control panel, and then restart FSX and GSX, and the GSX jetways shall have replaced them, yes?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2022, 01:34:34 pm »
The default jetways I created with the scenery are all visible and activate. So you are saying that I should deactivate them all from the GSX control panel, and then restart FSX and GSX, and the GSX jetways shall have replaced them, yes?

Yes. As I've said, they are disabled automatically during the GSX installation but, if you reinstalled the simulator without reinstalling GSX, the original .BGL that contains the default jetway model has been restored, so default jetways came back.

That's why there's an option in the GSX Control Panel to disable/enabled them manually, so you won't have to reinstall GSX "just" to disable the default jetways, in case you updated/reinstall the sim.