Author Topic: Custom handling and catering operators in P3Dv5 - any workarounds?  (Read 1475 times)

alpet

Hi Umberto,

Is there any workaround available to upload custom operators for P3Dv5? I tried to go through GSX texture and config files available to follow logic how it work in general but failed at some stage. From first sight it's pretty clear that you need textures in GSX format and respective records in config files for new operators but it looks like something is required to be edited inside the core of GSX anyway?

Appreciate you are fine to add new operators to GSX from time to time but I don't want to bother you adding some rare operators say for Russian regional airports if I simply can do that myself.

Thank you.

tcas_test

Re: Custom handling and catering operators in P3Dv5 - any workarounds?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 08:37:23 pm »
It would be good if there was a seperate area on here, where we could add the requests and logos. Just so they don’t get lost on the support forum.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2022, 12:48:52 am »
Appreciate you are fine to add new operators to GSX from time to time but I don't want to bother you adding some rare operators say for Russian regional airports if I simply can do that myself.

The issue is, it would be VERY hard for you to do it yourself, because you would have to manually edit dozen of files, creating new folders, creating texture fallbacks, and the smallest mistake will cause errors in the program. And it will be very much at risk of causing issues whenever we release an update that required an update of the vehicles properties, because we won't be able to update your vehicles too.

Instead, if you would just supply a list of operators, with pointers to them and some information about where they operate, it would be fairly easy for us to add them, we can't do any mistakes, because the addition of a new operator is an automated process that is part of a rebuild of a a release, and many users will enjoy the new operators.

alpet

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 02:13:38 pm »

The issue is, it would be VERY hard for you to do it yourself, because you would have to manually edit dozen of files, creating new folders, creating texture fallbacks, and the smallest mistake will cause errors in the program. And it will be very much at risk of causing issues whenever we release an update that required an update of the vehicles properties, because we won't be able to update your vehicles too.

Instead, if you would just supply a list of operators, with pointers to them and some information about where they operate, it would be fairly easy for us to add them, we can't do any mistakes, because the addition of a new operator is an automated process that is part of a rebuild of a a release, and many users will enjoy the new operators.
Thank you for your answer Umberto. I will proceed the said way then.

DH2061

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 01:37:24 pm »

Instead, if you would just supply a list of operators, with pointers to them and some information about where they operate, it would be fairly easy for us to add them, we can't do any mistakes, because the addition of a new operator is an automated process that is part of a rebuild of a release, and many users will enjoy the new operators.

Hi Umberto,

Is there any special place where we can provide these information? My country did get any native handling services and I really would like to see at least one of them in the Simulator.

Best,
Amir.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2022, 01:47:02 pm »
Is there any special place where we can provide these information? My country did get any native handling services and I really would like to see at least one of them in the Simulator.

Here, of course, by opening a new post, with a clear subject. This is an example of a proper and detailed suggestion:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25897.0.html