Author Topic: Couatl Crashed when boarding with walk-in  (Read 1477 times)

Raznboth

Couatl Crashed when boarding with walk-in
« on: February 12, 2022, 08:21:09 am »
Since the new update, my couatl always crash/exit without notification when tried to boarding with the walk-in features, even without configuring the path first (a.k.a default path).

Already tried running the live update multiple times now, even reinstalled the whole gsx, still no luck.

here i attached my couatl.log file, sim is v5.3

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl Crashed when boarding with walk-in
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 12:16:20 pm »
I can't see any errors in your log ( other than a minor missing sound, which has already been fixed now ).

Are you sure the log is made after a session in which you had the crash ?

Raznboth

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 04:43:00 pm »
I can't see any errors in your log ( other than a minor missing sound, which has already been fixed now ).

Are you sure the log is made after a session in which you had the crash ?

Hi, not sure what fix it, but after a long reinstall of my whole FSDT products include Addon manager and updating windows 10, it all work as intended now. The only problem is that when creating walk-in path, new gate always use the old gate waypoints, walkaround is by manually edit the .ini file to delete all gate "passengerwaypoints" (except the correct one) and restart couatl, this way i dont have to restart couatl every time making path for new gate :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2022, 04:46:27 pm »
The only problem is that when creating walk-in path, new gate always use the old gate waypoints, walkaround is by manually edit the .ini file to delete all gate "passengerwaypoints" (except the correct one) and restart couatl, this way i dont have to restart couatl every time making path for new gate :)

That workaround ( searching for right or wrong parking spots in the .INI file ) seems to be way more convoluted than just restarting Couatl when editing a new gate. Is restarting taking an unusually long time for you ?

In any case, we'll surely fix this issue, the workaround has been suggested just to get you going until we fix it.

Raznboth

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2022, 06:40:41 pm »

That workaround ( searching for right or wrong parking spots in the .INI file ) seems to be way more convoluted than just restarting Couatl when editing a new gate. Is restarting taking an unusually long time for you ?

In any case, we'll surely fix this issue, the workaround has been suggested just to get you going until we fix it.

Nope, i always choose the restart couatl and rebuild cache, it went straight to 99% then success.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2022, 06:42:11 pm »
Nope, i always choose the restart couatl and rebuild cache, it went straight to 99% then success.

Rebuilding the cache is not required in this case, since you are not adding new sceneries to the Scenery Library and you are not adding new objects, just a normal Restart it's enough, after adding waypoint to a gate.