Author Topic: Drzewiecki Design KJFK Couatl Crash  (Read 2603 times)

bwbriscoe

Drzewiecki Design KJFK Couatl Crash
« on: November 03, 2021, 03:17:33 am »
Hi...

I am constantly at Drzewiecki Design KJFK receiving this error message:
https://imgur.com/BPN4i6d

The error log is attacked

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Drzewiecki Design KJFK Couatl Crash
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 12:20:21 pm »
The error is caused because you made a GSX custom profile using a custom texture, which works only in P3D V4. GSX in P3D V5 supports multi-liveries, but not custom textures (this required DX11), so you can't use a GSX profile made for V4 that used a custom textures.

Are you sure you are running the latest updates ? In the latest version, all gates that used a custom texture should revert to default automatically.

bwbriscoe

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 09:30:20 am »
The error is caused because you made a GSX custom profile using a custom texture, which works only in P3D V4. GSX in P3D V5 supports multi-liveries, but not custom textures (this required DX11), so you can't use a GSX profile made for V4 that used a custom textures.

Are you sure you are running the latest updates ? In the latest version, all gates that used a custom texture should revert to default automatically.

I've run the live update a number of times. How else could I check?

It was running fine until I changed one of the jetway options from one jetway to two jetways and then crashed.

If it's the GSX profile...how do I change, repair it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2021, 09:47:13 am »
It was running fine until I changed one of the jetway options from one jetway to two jetways and then crashed.

That's really strange because, one of the latest updates, which is out since several weeks, it's supposed to deal automatically with that, see the release notes:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

CHANGE: GSX Custom textures used in .INI profiles made for P3D V4 won't create errors in FSX or P3D V5. Instead, custom textures will be ignored in P3D V5 and, if further edits are made to the GSX customization, the file will be saved with a new name, with the "p3d5only = 1" flag, and will include comments in the [General] section to indicate which custom textures have been removed for each parking.

If it's the GSX profile...how do I change, repair it?

You might edit out all lines which calls for jetway_logo = BAW ( BAW is a non-stock operator you must have created yourself with a custom texture in P3D V4) and either removing that line entirely, or replace it by another code that IS available in GSX for the jetway logos, which are the sections names of the rules_jetwaylogo.cfg file in Addon Manager\TEXTURE.

But again, this was supposed to be done automatically by GSX so, it seems is not working for some reason. Could you please ZIP your GSX .INI file and Attach it to a post, so we can have a look at it ?

bwbriscoe

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2021, 07:44:40 pm »
I seem to have solved the crash issue, but now I get double jetways as here:

https://imgur.com/0ZLqjoN

Looks to me like I have SODE and GSX generated jetways...how do I remove the SODE ones to just be left with GSX?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2021, 10:51:13 am »
Looks to me like I have SODE and GSX generated jetways...how do I remove the SODE ones to just be left with GSX?

You must remove the file for that airport, which can be found in either of these folders:

C:\ProgramData\12bpilot\SODE\XML
C:\ProgramData\12bpilot\SODE\SDX

This, assuming the jetways GSX created by GSX ARE correct for that scenery. GSX, by default, will NOT replace jetways on a 3rd party airport automatically, the only cases in which GSX jetways would appear are:

- On default sceneries.

- On 3rd party sceneries that used the default jetway model.

- When using a custom GSX profile for that airport.

bwbriscoe

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2021, 02:34:41 pm »
Thanks, following your advice gave me the correct jetways but I'm still struggling with jet bridges that now appear to go nowhere. See here:

https://imgur.com/qrmXAKm

Any help would be appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2021, 12:07:20 pm »
Thanks, following your advice gave me the correct jetways but I'm still struggling with jet bridges that now appear to go nowhere.

GSX doesn't create jetways "out of nowhere". It creates jetways according to underlying AFCAD OR the GSX custom profile used, which always started with some AFCAD. If they don't match, as I've said in my previous post, it might be caused by:

- ANOTHER scenery in conflict. The GSX customization page will tell you BOTH the name of your GSX custom profile AND the name of the AFCAD in use. If the AFCAD in use it's not the one that's supposed to be used for the airport, there will be misplaced objects, like jetways, but not only.

- Even if the right AFCAD is loaded, the GSX profile you are using might have been made for a different version of the AFCAD. Some developers might supply with different AFCADs depending if SODE jetways are used or not, or depending on AI/Static, or they might "just" have changed the scenery. GSX will load a profile depending on the *name* of the AFCAD, but it cannot possibly know if it has been changed after the profile was made.

Obviously, you can edit a GSX profile to your liking, moving, changing, reassigning jetways...

bwbriscoe

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2021, 11:57:42 am »
Thanks for the explanation.

Is there any way you can advise on how to fix this?

Ben

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2021, 07:21:20 pm »
Is there any way you can advise on how to fix this?

My previous message already gave you enough information to, at least, know WHAT the problem is. The relevant line was:

The GSX customization page will tell you BOTH the name of your GSX custom profile AND the name of the AFCAD in use