Author Topic: Installation Error - insert disk 6 **SOLVED**  (Read 2079 times)

dlr1984

Installation Error - insert disk 6 **SOLVED**
« on: September 07, 2021, 12:05:53 pm »
Hello all,

I'm trying to download GSX Ground Services from this page: http://update.fsdreamteam.com/public_html/products_p3d.html

The installer is failing as it keeps prompting me to insert "disk 6". I see the pre-installer has downloaded five bin files, not six. Should there be a sixth? Why is the installer looking for one.

I've tried this a few times now and can't get it to work. Never had this error before.

Thanks,

Dominic
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 12:57:04 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installation Error - insert disk 6
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 12:57:00 pm »
- Clear your browser cache and remove the small installer

- Download it again

dlr1984

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 01:44:43 pm »
Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that and it didn't work. I got the same error.

I even tried to download the file on a second PC to see if that would work. I got the same error.

The downloader tells me it is downloading 2.24GB of files. I see in the temp folder six files, one .exe and five .bin files. They total 2.24GB so I don't think I'm missing anything.

I'm out of ideas now!

Thanks,

Dominic

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 01:52:11 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that and it didn't work. I got the same error.

I even tried to download the file on a second PC to see if that would work. I got the same error.

I can only confirm the problem doesn't happen here, and the installer downloads one .exe and 6 .bin files. If yours downloads only 5 .bin files, it means you downloaded the old version or, you downloaded the new version but started the old version, maybe because the new one have been renamed by the browser something like gsx_p3d4_setup(1).exe.

If you are sure you are starting the correct .exe, check its version with "Properties" -> "Details". It must be 2.9.4. If it's 2.9.3, it's the old version which downloads only 5 .bin files so, you must try again the previous suggestions about the browser cache.

Note that, since the file is very new, it's possible your local Cloudflare node hasn't been updated yet, since it might take a while to update all 260+ nodes worldwide but, the right file will come eventually.

And, if you already had GSX installed, there wasn't any need to download the installer again to get the new liveries, just run the FSDT Live Updater.

dlr1984

Re: Installation Error - insert disk 6 **SOLVED**
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2021, 02:12:57 pm »
Thanks. It kept downloading v2.9.3 so maybe it was the local Cloudflare node as you say. Connecting to a VPN in another country and redownloading got me the right version, it's all installed now.

Has the expansion pack also been updated? I'm about to download that so could you confirm the latest version number, that way I'll know I've all the right files.

Thanks very much,

Dominic

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2021, 02:22:05 pm »
Has the expansion pack also been updated? I'm about to download that so could you confirm the latest version number, that way I'll know I've all the right files.

There's only one GSX installer. There's only one updater, and it updates all FSDT products you have installed so, if you haven't got any errors and the updater completed successfully, you can be sure you have the latest version of everything.

dlr1984

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2021, 02:51:35 pm »
Great, thanks again.