Author Topic: Re-install  (Read 3581 times)

kamileq

Re-install
« on: December 27, 2009, 09:47:49 pm »
Sorry for brand new topic for the same problem discussed so many times. I've read most of it, but still have a question. :) Is it possible to perform copy-paste only "Scenery" & "Texture" folders from old HDD into new HDD to run your products properly? I want not to fulfill registry with many garbage entries hard to clean or remove afterwards. I'm performing right now a new OS and FS+ all my add-ons installation after system crash.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Re-install
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 12:10:44 am »
Is it possible to perform copy-paste only "Scenery" & "Texture" folders from old HDD into new HDD to run your products properly?

Obviously not.

There's only one way to install the scenery, and it's only by running its installer, and following the Reinstall methods explained in the install guide, named fsdt_install_guide.pdf, to be found under the FS\fsdreamteam folder after installing the scenery, or in the sticky post here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=649.0

I want not to fulfill registry with many garbage entries hard to clean or remove afterwards.

The only "garbage" inserted in the registry, it's your Serial Number activation which of course is needed otherwise the scenery wouldn't work. And, like any Windows program, the name of the uninstaller.

The Serial Number is not removed if you uninstall the scenery, so you will not lose your activation even in case you need to uninstall the scenery and/or flight sim. That's the only "garbage" that is purposely and rightfully left in the registry after uninstalling.

kamileq

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 02:19:56 pm »
Thank you for your support. I was thinking rather of "garbage" entries in "current user->software->microsoft->windows->current version->uninstall" than a single registry entry with s/n provided. I left a s/n entry of course and manually deleted entries from uninstall section. After installation of many add-ons I have for FS9 this section of registry entries was quite large, but all working well after manual sweeping in uninstall. Best regards.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 04:15:26 pm »
I was thinking rather of "garbage" entries in "current user->software->microsoft->windows->current version->uninstall"

That registry entry is automatically cleared when you run the Uninstaller.

The only time is left there, is if you manually remove a program instead of using its Uninstaller so, an orphaned entry is obtained and you are then left with the chore of having to manually remove that entry, which is normally not needed if, every installation is matched with the use of its own uninstallation.