Author Topic: Some conflict causing problem.  (Read 1877 times)

IanHarr

Some conflict causing problem.
« on: May 10, 2021, 03:27:16 pm »
I have had a strange problem on and off for a little while, both in P3Dv4.5 and now also in my newly installed V5.( I had hoped this version might fix it).
I exclusively use PMDG 747 QOTSII and mainly a variety of payware airports. This is not confined to any particular airport.
It happens when I try to close the doors and/or remove the jetway or stairs, or request pushback.(Again it does not happen every time and I cannot pinpoint a likely cause).
The menu will say the operation cannot be completed as it is waiting for boarding operation to complete. This is despite the fact that I have received the message that boarding has completed . Or that I cannot request pushback as it is waiting for the Jetway/stairs operation to complete.

The only way to fix it is to reset GSX from the top menu. Then the Ctrl + F12 shortcut does not work and I have to use the alternative top menu.
Then it carries out the required operation.
This is not a major hassle, rather an irritation.
Any ideas as what could be the cause (or solution)?
Thanks
Ian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Some conflict causing problem.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 11:57:45 pm »
The only way to fix it is to reset GSX from the top menu.

That's precisely what that option is there for. Sometimes, depending on your order of operation, GSX might be confused. Which is why we added that option, so you can continue the flight without affecting the sim in any way.

Are you using automatic servicing maybe ? We added that feature because users asked for it, but I think you'll get better control of things you call services yourself.

Then the Ctrl + F12 shortcut does not work and I have to use the alternative top menu.

If the shortcut doesn't work, but the menu option does, it doesn't have anything to do with GSX, it can only be caused by another add-on that has reserved that key, so you must sort out the conflict, either in the other add-on ( if possible ) or from GSX, which has a key mapping feature just for that reason.

Note that, with P3D 5 there's a NEW bug,  which cause the menu not responding to keys if the simulator is not in focus and, if the menu is open, it won't respond to keypresses if the menu window itself is not in focus, this was a change in V5.

skyymann

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 04:37:38 pm »
This happens to me a LOT with the AS A333, but it is the fuel truck. It will be long gone, but GSX thinks it is still there. I just reset and press on.

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 09:48:20 pm »
This happens to me a LOT with the AS A333, but it is the fuel truck. It will be long gone, but GSX thinks it is still there. I just reset and press on.

Please clarify if this is happening with the Aerosoft A330 only ( or other Aerosoft planes ), because they are able to control GSX on their own. Check if this happens with a plane that doesn't control GSX, like a default plane or a PMDG, if you have it.