Author Topic: GSX (v1) aircraft too small for stand query  (Read 1630 times)

bradley27

GSX (v1) aircraft too small for stand query
« on: April 23, 2021, 01:00:40 am »
Tried to spawn a PMDG 777 flight from gate 17 at EGKK (UK2000) and GSX said the stand wasnt big enough. This afcad is edited to to cater for heavy aircraft to the size of the A350 (33.10m wingspan). AI heavys (777, A350 & 787) all park at these stands with no issues.

I then took alook at the enclosed GSX config file (there were 2 so i removed 1 of them) and in the one that matched the name of the afcad i wasnt too sure firstly if i could just hand edit this config file and then save changes and secondly which needs editing?

This is gate 1 for example

maxwingspan = 36.0
radiusleft = 14.0
radiusright = 14.0

The afcad edited radius size is 19.10m for 737 & A32X sized aircraft. I would guess that the maxwingspan value be edited from 36.0 to 19.0?

BUT in another example say gate 17

maxwingspan = 48.0
radiusleft = 20.0
radiusright = 17.2

Gate 17 in the afcad has a set radius of 33.10m for A350, 777, 787 sized aircraft and that maxwingspan is 48.0 so there shouldnt be any issues should there???

Im trying to work out whats going on  ???

« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 01:02:27 am by bradley27 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX (v1) aircraft too small for stand query
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 08:50:13 am »
Unless the AFCAD is wrong and needs other fixes, there's no need to edit the parking size in the AFCAD "just" to force GSX to accept an airplane in a parking the developer decided was too small for that airplane.

If that's your goal, and you don't have other reasons to fix the AFCAD ( for example, to accept bigger size AIs ), the proper way to do it is do edit the GSX Wingspan setting, which will control if GSX is allowing that airplane type there, and possibly the parking radius in GSX, which controls the initial positioning of ground vehicles ( although it's always best to place them individually ).

Gate 17 in the afcad has a set radius of 33.10m for A350, 777, 787 sized aircraft and that maxwingspan is 48.0 so there shouldnt be any issues should there???

That's normal. Anything you set in GSX always has precedence over the AFCAD setting, which is *another* reason why editing the AFCAD for GSX is useless, unless you need to edit it for other reasons. So, in that case, you can set the AFCAD size as high as you want, but the 48 Wingspan in GSX would prevent any airplane with a larger wingspan to get there.  Since A350/777 have a wingspan of 65 meters, you must set it at least that value in GSX.

Which is why, GSX has that little airplane icon, so it can set the right wingspan for airplane you are currently in, so you might find it easier to use it that way.