Author Topic: bglmanx non ready yet (In the log)  (Read 3302 times)

LukeB2567

bglmanx non ready yet (In the log)
« on: February 17, 2021, 10:35:11 am »
Hi I have reinstalled my whole sim twice already. I have reinstalled windows and still nothing is working. I load into my sim and check the addons section in scenario setup and Addon manager FSDT exclude is all there but when I asctually load into the sim to activate my gsx it isn't in the drop down menu I have reinstalled vc redist about 5 times and restarted my pc before and after installing gsx. My antivirus is completely turned off when downloading the setup and installing. I just want some help now. I am pretty sure my issue is the live updater as when I run it there is always the same update of 372 items and it only does 182 of them and says completed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: bglmanx non ready yet (In the log)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 12:21:07 pm »
It's entirely normal the update won't show all the steps, this will happen only if you have *everything* from FSDT installed.

The bglmanx not ready seems to be a problem with your Windows installation: being new ( you don't say which Windows you use ) maybe it's *lacking* some components that would have arrived during updates or other products.

You don't even say which simulator you are referring to, so it's difficult to help you with such sparse details.

LukeB2567

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 12:55:30 pm »
I am on latest version of Windows 10 in latest version of P3D v4.5

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 01:18:15 pm »
Using P3D 4.5 under Windows 10 shouldn't have many issues of missing runtimes or DLLs, since it uses the same runtimes as the sim, and doesn't rely on older stuff from FSX so, it's now looking more like an antivirus issue.

Please be sure you add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions. DO NOT "turn off" the antivirus, we NEVER suggest to do that, most antivirus are not really turned off, unless you uninstall them, because they low-level service is still running, that's why we never say to "turn off " the antivirus but, leave it on, and configure it properly, by adding the Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions.

Adding the whole simulator folder to the Exclusions will also help for performances and, if you keep your add-on sceneries on a different drive/folder than the sim, add those to the Exclusions too.

LukeB2567

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 02:22:10 pm »
So I add the add on xml to anti virus exclusions and it should work

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 04:00:15 pm »
So I add the add on xml to anti virus exclusions and it should work

Nowhere in my reply there was any mention of the Addon Xml file.

I've said to add to the antivirus Exclusions the whole Addon Manager FOLDER, which is the folder you chose to install FSDT into, that by default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager but, you might have changed it so, if you have, it's the folder you selected during the installation.

LukeB2567

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 05:58:45 pm »
I have excluded and done everything you have said but still having the problem is there a way to reinstall the bglmanx.dll? as I think if there is it could fix it. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2021, 06:02:23 pm »
I have excluded and done everything you have said but still having the problem is there a way to reinstall the bglmanx.dll? as I think if there is it could fix it. 

The FSDT Live Updater will always download and install the correct version so, unless your antivirus and your firewall are not blocking it, it will surely work.

LukeB2567

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2021, 10:07:50 pm »
done everything now you have told me to do and nothing is working idk at this point all I could do is reinstall windows again but that probably won't work

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2021, 02:21:53 pm »
done everything now you have told me to do and nothing is working idk at this point all I could do is reinstall windows again but that probably won't work

Reinstalling Windows is completely useless, when you should instead try to find the real cause of the problem. Try this:

- Disable every add-on except the FSDT Addon manager from the Options->Addon menu, then restart the sim.

See if GSX starts now. If it does, at least you would know the cause is another add-on in conflict ( likely two different Simconnect versions loaded at the same time )

LukeB2567

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2021, 02:31:16 pm »
If I take every other add on out there is no Add on drop down at all

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2021, 02:34:56 pm »
If I take every other add on out there is no Add on drop down at all

This would indicate the problem you have if with the native Simconnect for P3D 4.5, which we use, and other add-on might work because they use the one from FSX. That's not normal, of course, since the native one should always work, if the sim is installed correctly.

LukeB2567

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2021, 03:08:28 pm »
Is there a way to reinstall the simconnect ? as I don't want to reinstall again

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2021, 03:29:56 pm »
You can safely uninstall/reinstall the whole sim without affecting any of the installed add-ons. This *should* fix Simconnect and install any relevant/missing libraries.

LukeB2567

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2021, 11:04:37 am »
Did this yesterday still nothing sorry for late response I need to to contact Lockheed to get my activations reset so idk what could be causing it at this point