Author Topic: The addon <unknow>...  (Read 1979 times)

Wojtek

The addon <unknow>...
« on: February 09, 2021, 01:25:57 pm »
Hi,
Recently (quite often) I have been receiving an error (in FSX) "The addon <unknow> is causing the Couatl ..."
I have tried FSDT Live Update and delete the Virtuali directory in ProgramData (refresh).
Also, deleting the Airplanes directory from AppData / Roaming / virtuali does not help.
This happens at some airports (both paid and free).
I have checked the afcads with Fault Finder and there are no major errors (taxiways, parking, runways).
I have never had these errors before, with the same afcads.
I attach last Couatl.err and Couatladdons.ini

Best Regards
wojtek
WIN7 ,FSX SP2, DX10, RC4

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: The addon <unknow>...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 03:31:19 pm »
Your error log seems to indicate something basically impossible, the sim not accepting normal commands, which might indicate an issue with the installation. Which FSX you use, exactly ?

Wojtek

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 04:05:07 pm »
Your error log seems to indicate something basically impossible, the sim not accepting normal commands, which might indicate an issue with the installation. Which FSX you use, exactly ?
FSX Deluxe Edition (Box) with SP1,SP2
WIN7 ,FSX SP2, DX10, RC4

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 05:34:54 pm »
Ok, I see you are using Windows 7 as well.

I'm afraid it's possible a general incompatibility caused by some of our updates, that in order to ensure they work properly on current OS, need to be compiled with newer versions of the C++ runtimes and, since MS stopped to support Windows 7 entirely since last year, we cannot guarantee anything will continue to work with it, and we don't have any means to test it.

Wojtek

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 07:14:15 pm »
Ok, I see you are using Windows 7 as well.

I'm afraid it's possible a general incompatibility caused by some of our updates, that in order to ensure they work properly on current OS, need to be compiled with newer versions of the C++ runtimes and, since MS stopped to support Windows 7 entirely since last year, we cannot guarantee anything will continue to work with it, and we don't have any means to test it.
Thanks Umberto. I will try to reinstall GSX and let you know.
Greetings from EPKK
Wojtek
WIN7 ,FSX SP2, DX10, RC4

Wojtek

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 12:14:58 am »
I did reinstall the GSX and unfortunately the same but slightly different Couatl.err and CouatlAddons.ini.I wasn't flying, just standing at the airport EPLL from Drzewiecki Design, bird - PMDG JS41.
Regards
Wojtek
WIN7 ,FSX SP2, DX10, RC4