Author Topic: Addon Manager and GSX Overlay not working in Prepar3D v3.4 [**FIXED**]  (Read 1416 times)

pilotguy251

Recently, I seem to be getting an issue where the Addon Manager and GSX overlays will not show up in Prepar3D. In addition to this issue, none of my purchased sceneries load. This issue seems to have come after I did a reinstall of the QualityWings 757. I read another post here on the forum mentioning that one should go about installing GSX and related FSDT sceneries AFTER installing the QW757, which I did do after uninstalling all the related products with are activated through Addon Manager, including Addon Manager itself. I then went for a full reinstall of all the products I have, beginning with the QW757. The rest of the products are GSX Levels 1 & 2, FSDT KMEM, FSDT KDFW, FSDT KSDF, and FSDT KORD 2011 version.

What is odd about this situation is that sometimes I am able to get the GSX menu to operate and even get services completed through it, as well as warp around the airports for which that action works. After a few minutes, however, the program just seems to fail. In the Alt menu at the top of the screen, scrolling to addons, none of the GSX or YouControl selections are present after this time. The Addon Manager button is there, but clicking it does not bring up the Addon Manager window, which after a recent test, does not happen even with the GSX buttons present. The only other thing I can think of is that Addon Manager and the rest of the products are installing in the default directory of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager". This hasn't caused an issue before, so I don't know why it would be doing so now.

Additionally, I did recently install some older addons into P3D and had to use FlightSim Estonia's Migration Tool to get them to install correctly. Following the installation of those older addons, the FSDT suite worked correctly, including all buttons and the Addon Manager. It was only after doing the reinstall of the QW757 did things begin acting up. I did ensure that Migration Tool was not running or redirecting at the time of installing the FSDT products. Where could I be going wrong?

Thank you.

UPDATE
Ended up having to do a repair of P3D and reinstalled everything. All works as expected now.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 06:41:01 pm by pilotguy251 »