Author Topic: P3D products become inactive after installing MSFS airports  (Read 2079 times)

curt1

P3D products become inactive after installing MSFS airports
« on: October 18, 2020, 10:46:18 pm »
Umberto,

I've purchased two MSFS airports from you.  I installed KEYW, and noticed all my FSDT airports were now inactive in P3D.  I had to go through the process of reactivating them all.  Today, I installed Vancouver in MSFS, and just as before all my P3D FSDT airports are inactive once again.  I own so many of your airports that this is a big pain.  Please let me know when you have a fix for this in place.  

Also, I've attempted to reach you by e-mail for the customer discount on MSFS KORD.  If I received a discount e-mail before I certainly can't locate it.  

Thanks for looking into these matters.

Curt

EDIT:  Well, I think that may have just been by coincidence, or was it?.  After running the updater all my airports were active once again, so problem solved for now. :)  I would still appreciate that discount e-mail if you don't mind, and thank you.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 12:01:23 am by curt1 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D products become inactive after installing MSFS airports
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 11:56:23 am »
The problem was caused by the updater, which updated P3D to the 64 bit version. The first release worked only with P3D 4.5 or 5.0, the current one has been updated to support 4.4 too so, that was your problem.

Also, the 64 bit version of the program doesn't support Esellerate anymore ( which closed in 2019 and they never did a 64 bit version of their software ), so if you got your original activation with Esellerate, when switching to 64 bit you'll have to reactivate with QLM/Soraco.

Yes, you can use your existing Esellerate keys (we uploaded them all to the QLM server), but it would be best using the new QLM keys from now on, since they also work through a firewall or even with no internet connection. You can retrieve the new keys as explained on the FAQ page.

curt1

Re: P3D products become inactive after installing MSFS airports
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 05:04:10 pm »
Umberto, thank you for the detailed explanation, and I now have the QLM keys as you suggested.