Author Topic: Activate GSX  (Read 2393 times)

condor67

Activate GSX
« on: October 07, 2020, 10:29:39 pm »
Hello
After reinstalling Project p3D V4 and successfully installing GSX Level 2, after trying to activate it, the error message always appears stating that an Antivirus Program has blocked the couatl scripting Engine.
No virus scanner is installed on this drive and Windows Defender is completely disabled.
There were never any problems with previous installations.
Does anyone have any idea for the problem?
Greetings
Andreas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Activate GSX
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 09:58:17 pm »
As explained so many times, you should NOT "disable" the antivirus but, instead, you MUST:

- Add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions

No, even if you think the antivirus is "disabled", its low-level service is still running and it might still interfere. That's why we never said to disable the antivirus ( it's a dangerous thing to do, and you cannot be sure you have a real virus instead ), but to configure it correctly.

Also, be sure you don't have a firewall blocking the updater and preventing to update all files.

If you are sure you did both things exactly as explained, then please follow the same troubleshooting suggested here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24332.msg161589.html#msg161589

Post a ZIP file with your Couatl.LOG file, so I can have a look at it.

condor67

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 08:59:44 pm »
I excluded the entire Addon Manager folder from the virus scanner and the firewall. Always the same message. Even after restarting Windows. I have attached the log file according to the instructions.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 10:34:09 am »
I excluded the entire Addon Manager folder from the virus scanner and the firewall. Always the same message. Even after restarting Windows. I have attached the log file according to the instructions.

The error means your P3D is outdated, we only support 4.5 now, which has been out for more than a year ( it came out in April 2019 ), so if the reason you didn't updated the sim because of some add-on that's not compatible, should be over by now.

condor67

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 11:34:24 pm »
That was the mistake, the P3D version was out of date. Thanks for the help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 01:40:08 am »
We posted an update today that adds backward compatibility with 4.4, but I suggest updating anyway, since there has been so many fixes going from 4.4. to 4.5 HF3.