Author Topic: In P3D v.4.5 error messages re FSDT  (Read 2468 times)

freded

In P3D v.4.5 error messages re FSDT
« on: August 24, 2020, 11:21:23 pm »
Hi,

Recently, as P3D v.4.5 is loading, there are several error messages some of which concern FSDT.

An example says: "Scenery.cfg File Error. Could not find scenery FsDreamTeam Los Angeles's local scenery directory... etc. Would you like to unload this area? Yes or No.".

I have checked and that scenery directory (and others also producing the same FSDT error message) is present on my computer.

These error messages have been appearing at P3D loading only since upgrading my PC to Windows 10 (from Win 7). Would this account for the errors and, if so, what is the cure?

Regards,

Mark
Regards,

Mark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: In P3D v.4.5 error messages re FSDT
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 03:00:46 pm »
All our sceneries in P3D 4+ DO NOT use the scenery.cfg, they use only the add-on.xml method. Our scenery installers in P3D4+ DO NOT read, write or modify the scenery.cfg in any way so, the only possible reason why you have an FSDT Los Angeles in the scenery.cfg, is that you have added it yourself, and made some kind of mistake.

Perhaps you copied an old scenery.cfg from an older installation ? In that case, you can just remove the area and, you'll notice that, if you install KLAX using our installer, it won't add anything to the scenery.cfg, because it's not required.

freded

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 01:12:32 am »
Hi virtuali,

Thanks for your reply.

I've just checked scenery.cfg and there are no entries for FSDT in it.

I think I have not made myself clear. In the complete error message i should have included the entire text.

Here it is: "Scenery.cfg File Error. Could not find FsDreamTeam Los Angeles's local scenery directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\FsDreamTeam\KLAX_V2\Scenery"

This, of course implies that the entry is present in Scenery.cfg and I have now found that it is NOT in Scenery.cfg.

Am I correct that I should therefore re-install all the affected sceneries? I assume I had not done so when re-installing P3D v.4.5.
Regards,

Mark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 01:46:29 pm »
"Scenery.cfg File Error. Could not find FsDreamTeam Los Angeles's local scenery directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\FsDreamTeam\KLAX_V2\Scenery"

Perhaps the message if bugged, meaning it always says "scenery.cfg", even if we DO NOT use the scenery.cfg anymore. The next obvious question is: do you have FSDT KLAX installed ? Is in that folder ?