Author Topic: GSX Level 2 jetways not working properly  (Read 3841 times)

MeesM

GSX Level 2 jetways not working properly
« on: September 01, 2020, 06:17:14 pm »
Hi there,

I've got a weird problem. Whenever I operate jetways on an airport with GSX Level 2 jetways, they don't do anything but move (instantly) into the weird position seen in the screenshots. I've tried reinstalling GSX, reinstalling SODE, running FSDT Live update, but to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX Level 2 jetways not working properly
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 02:32:01 am »
That's a new one. In all my time of seeing people report jetways doing weird things, I have never seen the jetway logos detach from the jetway like that.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 09:46:43 pm »
That's a new one. In all my time of seeing people report jetways doing weird things, I have never seen the jetway logos detach from the jetway like that.

The logos are working, it's the jetways that don't, which is very strange, it's the first time I see something like that.

MeesM

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 10:20:05 am »

The logos are working, it's the jetways that don't, which is very strange, it's the first time I see something like that.

So, are you just gonna leave it at that? Or should I hope for some support?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 02:12:14 pm »
So, are you just gonna leave it at that? Or should I hope for some support?
I personally don't know how to help you with this one, or I would have tried.
Captain Kevin

MeesM

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 04:33:14 pm »
No doubt Kevin, I'm hoping to address the gentleman I purchased the product from.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 08:12:36 pm »
No doubt Kevin, I'm hoping to address the gentleman I purchased the product from.

I already replied I don't have any idea why it's happening. It simply shouldn't.

It's not very clear from your message if it was something that started recently. Since when you use GSX ? Is not clear from your message if you are a new user, or you had GSX for a while, and for some reason it's happening now.

MeesM

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2020, 12:34:28 pm »
It is indeed a new issue. Been using GSX for ages without any problems and this started only recently. While testing I've come across these lines in the couatl log:

onEnteredAirport EKCH
aircraftEngaged
Monitored AI =  14
Exception TaskletExit in <bound method JetwayOperations.__del__ of <GSX.assistanceServices.jetwayOperations.JetwayOperations instance at 0x14E8A2D8>> ignored
Exception TaskletExit in <bound method JetwayOperations.__del__ of <GSX.assistanceServices.jetwayOperations.JetwayOperations instance at 0x14E8A1E8>> ignored
Exception TaskletExit in <bound method JetwayOperations.__del__ of <GSX.assistanceServices.jetwayOperations.JetwayOperations instance at 0x0C4D09B8>> ignored
Exception TaskletExit in <bound method JetwayOperations.__del__ of <GSX.assistanceServices.jetwayOperations.JetwayOperations instance at 0x12B4B710>> ignored
Exception TaskletExit in <bound method JetwayOperations.__del__ of <GSX.assistanceServices.jetwayOperations.JetwayOperations instance at 0x13E99F08>> ignored
Exception TaskletExit in <bound method JetwayOperations.__del__ of <GSX.assistanceServices.jetwayOperations.JetwayOperations instance at 0x13E99C38>> ignored
Exception TaskletExit in <bound method JetwayOperations.__del__ of <GSX.assistanceServices.jetwayOperations.JetwayOperations instance at 0x14465F08>> ignored
disconnected from SimConnect.

Perhaps this could clarify some things?

MeesM

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2020, 02:28:57 pm »
I also found this line in the SODE log:
[13:55:21.681] ERROR SODE.FOLDERMANAGER : 'jetway.cfg' not found for Model 'FSDT_SODE_JW_JBTC_31_17_COOL_GREY' of SimObject ':EXT::EKCH::GATE_C::10::MX0'! Path='jetway.cfg', Code(2)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2020, 03:32:30 pm »
It is indeed a new issue. Been using GSX for ages without any problems and this started only recently. While testing I've come across these lines in the couatl log:

It's all normal, and indicates you exited the sim.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2020, 03:46:15 pm »
I also found this line in the SODE log:
[13:55:21.681] ERROR SODE.FOLDERMANAGER : 'jetway.cfg' not found for Model 'FSDT_SODE_JW_JBTC_31_17_COOL_GREY' of SimObject ':EXT::EKCH::GATE_C::10::MX0'! Path='jetway.cfg', Code(2)

This seems to be a SODE problem, unless you removed the jetway.cfg file, it's surely there:

\Addon Manager\Simobjects\PBR\FSDT_SODE_jetway\model.FSDT_SODE_JW_JBTC_31_17\jetway.cfg

And even if you removed it, running the FSDT Live Update should restore it, so I'm fairly sure you have it.

MeesM

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2020, 05:21:50 pm »
I can confirm that I do. It's there alright, but it seems as if SODE won't recognize it or something. Should I take it up with them?