Author Topic: Question about airport configs  (Read 1767 times)

airlinetycoon

Question about airport configs
« on: July 24, 2020, 02:28:32 pm »
Only for my personell understanding:
Is it mandatory to place the configs into the appdata/roaming/viruali/GSX folder, or is it the scenery-folder of a particular scenery enough? I ask because I found some configs in FSDT-scenery folders. Thanks for explanation.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Question about airport configs
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 02:47:58 pm »
It's better to have it in the AppData/Roaming/virtuali/GSX folder rather than the scenery folder. In the case of FSDreamteam sceneries, if you were to run the Live Updater, it would just overwrite any customizations you made if you put it in the scenery folder of the FSDreamteam scenery. If there's already one in a given scenery folder, it's what GSX defaults to if you haven't done a customization to the scenery, but if you customize one, having it in AppData/Roaming/virtuali/GSX ensures that it doesn't overwrite what's default with that scenery, and if you use the GSX editor to customize airport parking, it would put it there anyway.
Captain Kevin

airlinetycoon

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 03:26:45 pm »
Thx
The file in the scenery folder is the base file and if there any customizations made  a new file will put into the virtuali/gsx folder. correct?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 04:23:53 pm »
Affirmative.
Captain Kevin