Author Topic: Customize in P3Dv5 HF2  (Read 2904 times)

BillGradwell

Customize in P3Dv5 HF2
« on: July 18, 2020, 08:11:47 am »
Hello Support

I am unable to do any customization with P3Dv5

Opens customization screen but then nothing works from that point

thanks
Bill Gradwell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Customize in P3Dv5 HF2
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 12:08:18 am »
I am unable to do any customization with P3Dv5

The customization works normally. The only thing that is currently unsupported in P3D V5 are custom textures for operators, jetways and jetway numbers, which is normal, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23351.0.html

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23304.msg155949.html#msg155949

BillGradwell

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 07:06:44 am »
Hello Virtuai

I will try again. I would be at the correct position either at EDDF or EGLL or EDDP. GSX will open normally and when I select customization to place vehicles like the the rear stairway which is always in the wrong position. The customization screen will open and when I click the vehicle reposition block nothing happens.
I am using P3Dv5 hf2. My system memory etc is sufficient. Using Nvidia three screen running with nvidia surround for wide aspect ration

Thanks Bill Gradwell

BillGradwell

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 08:38:16 pm »
Hello Virtuali

Nope - downloaded latest installer - same result - call to customize - the customize screen opens - select customize vehicle positions - and nothing happens - in fact you cannot get hold of any aspect of GSX - nothing works - have to reboot the system to get GSX to work again

Bill Gradwell

BillGradwell

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 10:01:34 pm »
Hello Support
Just to clarify - when said nothing happens - I notice the scripting engine remains active I see in Task Manager but not scripting display to be able to make changes - press F4 to select next operations and the whole thing goes totally crazy (lijke aircraft doing vertical takeoff or bouncing up and down) and one needs to ESC P3Dv5
Second time round I totally removed GSX and GSX2 and Addon Manager and started from scratch and no difference.

To mention I have UGCX also loaded in my sim - maybe conflict?

Thanks Bill Gradwell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 10:55:20 pm »
press F4 to select next operations and the whole thing goes totally crazy (lijke aircraft doing vertical takeoff or bouncing up and down) and one needs to ESC P3Dv5

It seems it's the common issue of you having one of your joystick not calibrated, perhaps one you don't use, but P3D has assigned some controls to it any way. The solution is going in the controls settings, and remove all joystick axes ( for all joysticks ) from the SLEW events in Slew mode.

BillGradwell

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2020, 10:01:25 pm »
Hi Support

Disabling all controls in Slew mode made no difference

Have same issue in P3Dv4.5 mode

Tried everything?

Regards Bill Gradwell

BillGradwell

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2020, 10:30:00 pm »
Support
Just add that this has become an issue since the update. Also please note that I am running P3D v4.5 and v5 on same PC but different SSDs

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2020, 10:26:50 pm »
Just add that this has become an issue since the update. Also please note that I am running P3D v4.5 and v5 on same PC but different SSDs

I'm sorry, but I can only confirm I cannot reproduce this, and nobody else has reported it before. It's not very clear what do you mean with "the update" but, we surely haven't change anything in the customization editor recently.