Author Topic: [Solve] How to create my own catering operators in newer version?  (Read 3915 times)

CZ328

In older versions , if I want to create a new catering operators , I just need to follow the sample of the "rules_catering.cfg" and "catering" located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\texture.

But now I found it did not work anymore , I try multi-time but every time it fail.

Shortly after I found even if I delete "rules_catering.cfg" , "rules_handling.cfg" and "rules_jetwaylogo.cfg" , every thing still working normally.

So in the newer versions could I create my own catering operators or that's no longer available?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 12:42:04 pm by CZ328 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How to create my own catering operators in newer version?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 11:32:25 am »
Not possible to help you without looking at your changes and without an explanation of what you are trying to achieve ( such as "I want operator xxx appearing on airports yyyy but not zzzz" )

CZ328

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 11:49:06 am »
Not possible to help you without looking at your changes and without an explanation of what you are trying to achieve ( such as "I want operator xxx appearing on airports yyyy but not zzzz" )

For example , I want to at a catering operators call "KMG". I add "texture.KMG" and also "GSX_logo_4x1.dds" in this folder just like the others.
After that I open "rules_catering.cfg" and add

[KMG]
couatl.atc_parking_codes = Yunnan Air Catering
couatl.icaoprefixes = Z ZP ZPPP
couatl.basecolor = white

Just Following the[KLM] , and I also try to use "couatl.icaoprefixes = ZPPP" and even "couatl.icaoprefixes = Z" for connection between "KMG" and the airport "ZPPP".

In several version earlyer , that was possable and GSX success to read my own file, but now it just not working.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 11:54:53 am »
For example , I want to at a catering operators call "KMG". I add "texture.KMG" and also "GSX_logo_4x1.dds" in this folder just like the others.

Not nearly enough information. You don't say:

- which simulator you use

- where you created these folders, exactly

CZ328

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 12:06:17 pm »

Not nearly enough information. You don't say:

- which simulator you use

- where you created these folders, exactly

I use P3D 4.5.14.34698 and my GSX just update to the latest version.

I created it in to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\texture\catering\texture.KMG"and the texture"GSX_logo_4x1.dds" was inside the "texture.KMG".
I also try to replace the original file inside“texture.CZ” and choice "China Southern Catering" to see the texture if it can working normally, and GSX did just want I wanted, so I thing the "GSX_logo_4x1.dds" is fine.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 12:10:56 pm »
I created it in to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\texture\catering\texture.KMG"and the texture"GSX_logo_4x1.dds" was inside the "texture.KMG"

That's not the best way to do it, because it will be wiped out on the next Live Update. As explained in the GSX manual, you should create your custom texture using the GSX editor, which will convert it into a .DDS, and will create the correct folder structure in %APPDATA%\Virtuali\texture, adding an additional rules_catering file there which can be edited without worrying about Live updates restoring all stock.

Your method MIGHT work if you do a "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" after a simulator restarts ( required ), but it's not the best way of doing it.

CZ328

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020, 12:40:40 pm »
I created it in to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\texture\catering\texture.KMG"and the texture"GSX_logo_4x1.dds" was inside the "texture.KMG"

That's not the best way to do it, because it will be wiped out on the next Live Update. As explained in the GSX manual, you should create your custom texture using the GSX editor, which will convert it into a .DDS, and will create the correct folder structure in %APPDATA%\Virtuali\texture, adding an additional rules_catering file there which can be edited without worrying about Live updates restoring all stock.

Your method MIGHT work if you do a "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" after a simulator restarts ( required ), but it's not the best way of doing it.

Because I am useing non-english systeam on my computer, so if I wand to open the "Customize airport positions", I need to change my computer seting and restart it, so I rare to use this function.

I just figured out by uesing "custom Operators" feature, now every thing can working just what I wanted.

Thankyou so much!