Author Topic: Re-Installing GSX  (Read 1880 times)

Benditkis77

Re-Installing GSX
« on: June 26, 2020, 01:01:31 am »
Hello,

I know that this subject has been discussed thoroughly and I have read and tried many things however nothing is working. I decided to uninstall FSX:Steam in order to re-install it into a hard drive with more memory. I uninstalled GSX and all my other addons. However, when trying to re-install GSX, it automatically places the Addon Manager into the C: hard drive which then means that on the next step, it does not let me pick what hard drive to install into and obviously it cannot find FSX in C: and so I cannot install it. I have read that I need to make sure that I uninstall all FSDT products and make sure that I say "Ok" to uninstall the Addon Manager and as far as I can tell I have done that. I've checked all places. I have used the uninstaller for GSX. But still, when I try to re-install it says that the C: hard drive already has products from FSDT and it has to install there.

What am I doing wrong and how do I fix this?

Than you in advance.

P:S: GSX is a great product, very happy with it, that's why it's so important for me to have it active in my FSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Re-Installing GSX
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 10:38:49 am »
I can only repeat and confirm that, if you uninstall all FSDT products and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?", you will be offered to freely choose a destination folder for the FIRST product you'll reinstall, with all the others installed subsequently going in this folder.

Benditkis77

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 05:06:52 pm »
Hello, thank you for your reply. I competely understand what you are saying however I feel like I've missed something. Would you be able to give me a list of programs that use the Addon Manager, that way I can go through it one more time, to find the one that keeps giving me problems. Thank you,

Regards,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 05:11:28 pm »
Would you be able to give me a list of programs that use the Addon Manager, that way I can go through it one more time, to find the one that keeps giving me problems

You'll find all Fsdreamteam products listed in the Windows Control Panel in the "Programs and features" section and, if it's set to list all programs in Alphabetical order, it should be very easy to find them. Not that this is required anyway because, it's enough for ONE program you Uninstall replying YES to the "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" question, and it's enough for the next installation to be allowed to ask you for an install folder again.

If you installed an old version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager ( which is not required separately anymore ), it might be under "Virtuali Addon Manager".

And, if you installed an old version of the Qualitywings 757 or old versions of some sceneries from Flightbeam, they also used to came with the Addon Manager.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 05:13:22 pm by virtuali »