Author Topic: Feature request- click to activate GSX objects  (Read 1606 times)

airbadger

Feature request- click to activate GSX objects
« on: June 20, 2020, 05:17:26 pm »
I've seen that with a few add-on aircraft, you can click on external parts to open doors, radomes, engine cowlings etc. I wonder if the same could be done for GSX objects, like jetways, airstairs, etc. to activate them instead of having to open the simconnect window. Just a thought.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Feature request- click to activate GSX objects
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 11:26:27 pm »
Except that you don't really necessarily trigger objects, per se, but rather events. You have de-boarding, catering, refueling, and boarding. Since the catering trucks and refueling trucks aren't in view initially, I don't know how you would click them to activate them. Also not sure how you would handle boarding and de-boarding.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Feature request- click to activate GSX objects
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 02:48:40 pm »
We wanted to add this feature to GSX objects but, as Kevin correctly pointed out, it would be mainly to do accessory functions, like opening a door of a vehicle, not to call services because they are "services", not individual objects. Sometimes a service triggers the movement of many vehicles, sometimes it doens't, so it might not always clear what you wanted to do.

However, the function is not available for ground vehicles, so we cannot do it as easily as user airplanes, it would require custom mouse handling, like in the GSX editor, but custom mouse handling has SOME cost on fps, that's why we restricted it to the editor, when fps is less important.