Author Topic: Can't get AI Jetways to operate?  (Read 3188 times)

Aussie123

• Very happy GSX2 User
Can't get AI Jetways to operate?
« on: June 08, 2020, 11:50:07 pm »
I updated to the new version yesterday having waited expectantly since it was announced it was coming. The installer also assisted in the installation of SODE 1.7.1 as well. I am using P3D v4.5 HF2 and a lot of Orbx Scenery along with the ever popular Alfa India AI aircraft and flight plans.

However, I can't see any difference? I quickly parked at a few airports and the Jetways nearby have not moved on any AI aircraft? I checked the Options page and can't see anything new that needs ticking? I restarted P3D, went to various parts of the world but jetways other than the one I am at refuse to move?

Jetways at the Gates that I choose to sit at work perfectly? So it shouldn't be a problem with the AFCAD?

What am I doing wrong?
Aussie
Prosim-AR B738 user on P3d V6

DVA12924

Re: Can't get AI Jetways to operate?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 12:41:31 pm »
I'm having the same issue with everything updated, also with AIG AIM, ORBX, GSXL2, P3D 4.5HF2, etc ... I'm wondering if it is something with AIG AIM aircraft.cfg files. They have "exit" entry for a couple random ones I looked at, but I'll need to dig a bit deeper to see if that is actually the issue. The issue may also be where AI is parking - Like at some airports AI will park too far forward or back and maybe the jetway will not reach them not in the correct spot.

I'm watching this thread to see if Umberto can give any insight to this also. I am also mid-flight so I'll double check if the option is enabled in the SODE menu (the same where you register SODE, not the SODE menu in P3D)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 12:44:01 pm by DVA12924 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 12:50:46 pm »
First Jetways for AI will work if the feature is enabled in SODE settings, and it's a setting that will only work from the next restart of the sim.

If you have SOME jetways docking and some not, it's just because the combination of the AI parking position and the jetway used on that airport is not allowing SODE to "solve" the jetway.

If the same jetway works for your airplane, it's because with your airplane, GSX can guide you to the stop position more precisely and allowing to customize it. Instead, with AI, they will always park with their center in the middle of the parking, and won't use any of the more precise information that GSX can use for your airplane, since GSX doesn't try to control or "reposition" or "guide" the AI.

Also, the user airplane has the exit position configured more precisely, for the specific airplane type ( so, for example, the exit of an FS Labs A320 can be specified differently than the exit of an Aerosoft A320 ), while with AI there's a generic database of models that comes with SODE.

That's why it's possible a jetway that works for you might not work with AI. The only thing you can do with GSX, is to customize the parking to change the jetway model and/or the position of the jetway.

a2h

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 01:25:04 pm »
Thank you for this explanation, I was not aware of this.

I have a further question but this one has to be asked in the SODE Forum I think. Maybe it is still interesting to post it here:
- Is there a default "AI traffic" identification, so that the software knows this is AI traffic?

My assumption is, since there are addons like Ultimate Traffic Live, maybe they use another way to include/generate their AI traffic and it is another class of AI. I know this is something to be posted in the regarding dev-forum (e.g. flight1) just curious about personal experience on this one.

UPDATE: I was wrong, it works no matter what AI Addon is used.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 03:15:16 pm by a2h »
MSFS Microsoft Marketplace Version
----
GSX Pro, My replacement assistance trucks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 03:23:36 pm »
UPDATE: I was wrong, it works no matter what AI Addon is used.

Yes, and the reason why the update took a bit longer than expected, was precisely to support UT Live, which generates/removes AI on the fly after the airport is loaded, while standard traffic is loaded before the airport.

This is still not 100% perfect, also caused by the fact when UT Live generates traffic, the communication with the simulator is completely blocked for us, so we must have to deal with. Also, sometimes UT Live can generate an amount of traffic so high, that communication with the sim continues to be slower so, it's usually best to reduce traffic density a bit.

There's an useful setting in UT Live that you can set a limit on the maximum amount of AI that can be generated, something about 100-150, which usually results in 50-60 parked AI ( GSX will ignore the ones flying ), seems to be a reasonable value.

a2h

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 09:29:46 am »
In UT Live I could not find a setting directly showing the generated traffic in numbers, just a percentage slider. But for me below 50% works fine (depending on the airport).

Sometimes there are problems with heavy aircraft, but this might be related to the parking position settings and like seen in other threads here, the fact that AI is using center and not nose-wheel position.

Using mostly airline routes&crafts I can't imagine a flight without GSX & L2. Thanks for implementing this and still offering those updates for free!
MSFS Microsoft Marketplace Version
----
GSX Pro, My replacement assistance trucks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 04:16:08 pm »
In UT Live I could not find a setting directly showing the generated traffic in numbers, just a percentage slider. But for me below 50% works fine (depending on the airport).

That's a different setting, which is similar to the default Traffic density and it's located in the Configuration->Flt sim menu of the UT Live app.

The setting I'm referring to is called "maximum aircraft to spawn", and it's located on the other page, Configuration->Traffic