Author Topic: P3D v4.4 GSX Menu Crash  (Read 1632 times)

cannoo082

P3D v4.4 GSX Menu Crash
« on: May 17, 2020, 01:16:52 am »
Hello,

I looked around the forum and saw some similar posts. However couldn't find a solution.

My GSX works fine. I can access to settings, airport options and all of other menus too. But whenever I press CTRL+F12 my sim crashes. I also tried to launch via CTRL+SHIFT+F12.

I have also tried running the Live Update or reinstalling GSX. Both didn't work.
I have ESET Antivirus installed, till this day since 2 years It never created any problems for me. But I read in forum that it could create some problems so I chose the fsdreamteam folder and excluded it.
I am using a PMDG aircraft, GTX 1050ti with AMD 2600 CPU

My problem is very similar with this topic -> http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=20429.0 However, the solutions suggested didn't work for me.
Here is a list of what I've done:
  • Ran Live Update
  • Reinstalled GSX + Addon Manager
  • Repaired P3D v4.4
  • Checked Driver Updadates for GPU
  • Checked Windows Updates

Here is a video and I also attached the log file.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D v4.4 GSX Menu Crash
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 02:50:02 pm »
Nothing in your log shows GSX had any problem or it made the sim crashing.

Instead, it show exactly the opposite: your simulator crashed for other reasons, and GSX just detected that fact, and was even able to log the event normally so, GSX didn't not crash, it exited cleanly after it saw the simulator crashed.

Two things I noticed in your video:

- SODE is outdated. You have 1.6.7, latest version is 1.7.0 so, first update SODE to the current version from its official site:

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/

- You haven't followed the instructions in the red message you got at start from GSX, asking to use the GSX Control Panel to disable default jetways. This is required each time you update the simulator, most likely happened in your case because you repaired P3D.

- Reparing the sim is entirely useless if you don't clean your settings. To clean the simulator settings, you must remove all the following folders:

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V4
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V4
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V4