Author Topic: Requesting Follow-me at origin after startup: with or without pushback  (Read 1464 times)

stefangr

I often use the function to request a follow-me to take me to the departure runway at origin airport. Of course this is not very realistic, but GSX is offering that service, and so I use it.

If there is a pushback possible from my departure gate, this is all fine. As soon as pushback is completed ("[GSX] Have a good trip"), I can reopen GSX menu and select the departure runway and request follow me.

If there is no pushback possible and I can taxi straight out, I am not having this option immediately. When I want to open GSX menu after starting both engines (still standing at the gate with parking brake on), I am not allowed ("You need to stop engines to request ground services"), also not with parking brakes off. It looks I need to start taxiing to be able to open the GSX menu again and to select the runway and request follow-me.

Even more it looks as if there is a minimum taxi speed or minimum time after start taxiing necessary before the GSX menu can be opened again.

Can you tell me what the conditions are in detail? I would like to automate this process with Lua Scripting and want to avoid trying to open the menu too early and getting the error message then.

Thanks
Stefan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Of course this is not very realistic, but GSX is offering that service, and so I use it.

It IS realistic but, since it's used mainly in Europe, lots of users elsewhere think it's unrealistic, but it's not.

Can you tell me what the conditions are in detail? I would like to automate this process with Lua Scripting and want to avoid trying to open the menu too early and getting the error message then.

speed is not relevant here, only your position is. In order to call for out-of-parking services, you must be outside your parking, doesn't matter if you are moving or not, but you must be out of it.