Author Topic: Catering at Manila (RPLL)  (Read 1902 times)

RFarmah

Catering at Manila (RPLL)
« on: April 19, 2020, 08:33:56 pm »
I’ve been flying more often in the Pacific Islands with FSX and have been using Pacsim Manila and it is a great scenery. When I call gsx for catering, I get a random variety of the generic three (Gate Gourmet, LSG, and Jet Aviation). After further research, none of these operators operate at Manila. I know the general advice is to create your own texture using GSX, however I use FSX and this option is not available. I also know that I get a random one of the three since they each have an equal score according to GSX, but none of these companies operate in Manila in real life (at least under those three names). What should I do to get the proper catering company (Sky Kitchen Philippines), or is this something I need to wait for by a GSX admin update?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Catering at Manila (RPLL)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 11:46:34 am »
We announced to have stopped developement for FSX in 2017 so, we now consider it to run in "Life support" mode.

After we added the custom logo method in P3D V4 which works so much better than before, and is so much efficient and easier for users, we retired the old PaintKit, which suggested a rather complex method to add custom operators in FSX, which also had consequences, like adding too many objects variations for each new operator added, which slowed down the sim startup and took precious RAM you don't have in FSX.

So, we don't officially support methods to add custom operators in FSX anymore. You CAN add them, in theory, but it's very cumbersome, it would be easier if you would just make a list of the operators you are missing, in which airport, and we might just add them with an update.

RFarmah

Re: Catering at Manila (RPLL)
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 01:47:11 pm »
Thank you for the opportunity to implement them into a future update, as I would love to see the proper carriers implemented. To my knowledge and from my experiences, there are two catering companies missing. At Manila (RPLL) we are missing SkyKitchen Philippines. In Taipei (RCTP), we are missing China Pacific Catering Services. Implementing these two carriers at their respective airports would be a huge step over the general three I get now. Thanks for the awesome support!