Author Topic: Moving sceneries with Lorby Addon Organizer  (Read 1920 times)

Flyboyaz

Moving sceneries with Lorby Addon Organizer
« on: March 29, 2020, 04:28:52 pm »
Hi....I tried to search first to find an answer but I couldn't.

I'm considering using the Lorby addon organizer to consolidate my sceneries in one place. I figured that out but then a potential problem popped into my head.

First...if I move my sceneries to a new location, how will that affect my GSX profiles for each airport? They all point to the AFCAD location, but if I move them, does Lorby update the GSX profile or would I need to go in and manually edit the location or would GSX know where it moved to?

Second...specifically for FSDT airports, if I move them, how will the updater handle this? Will it know the new location?

I appreciate any help!

Thank you!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Moving sceneries with Lorby Addon Organizer
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 05:33:15 pm »
First...if I move my sceneries to a new location, how will that affect my GSX profiles for each airport? They all point to the AFCAD location

The actual location doesn't count, only the file name of the AFCAD file does. Yes, looking the GSX .INI file, you might think the full path is used but, as explained on the GSX Manual, Page 40:

The AFCAD pathname contained in the .INI file is not mandatory: if no file with that name is found in the full path, any other AFCAD in FSX matching the name only will be used instead, regardless of where it’s actually installed.

So, GSX will ignore the path, and use only the filename, and this was made precisely to:

- Allow users to share .INI files for a scenery, regardless where the scenery was installed on the system that was originally used to create customization.

OR

- Allow to move a scenery freely on your own system.

Second...specifically for FSDT airports, if I move them, how will the updater handle this? Will it know the new location?

This is simple. You CANNOT move any FSDT airports. They must all stay together in the Addon Manager folder.

There's one and only one way to "move" an FSDT installation and is:

- Uninstall them all. Always reply YES when asked to remove the Addon Manager at the end. THIS IS IMPORTANT

- Reinstall them all, and GSX of course. The *FIRST* FSDT product you reinstall ( after uninstalling ) will ASK your destination folder. The rest will not, and will all end up in the Addon Manager folder you chose for the 1st install.

There's no other way to move an FSDT installation of GSX+sceneries.

Flyboyaz

Re: Moving sceneries with Lorby Addon Organizer
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 05:51:41 pm »
Thank you so much!