Author Topic: Floating Jetway, PANK - Ketchikan  (Read 3470 times)

appie

Floating Jetway, PANK - Ketchikan
« on: March 03, 2020, 08:05:59 pm »
Good day all
I have installed Orbx PANK - Ketchikan but unfortunately I have a floating jetway at the terminal building. Orbx say it is to do with FS Dreamteam airport scenery addons. I have FS Dreamteam's following airports - LFSB, KCLT, KDFW, KIAH, LSGG, PHNL, KSDF and CYVR.  I also have GSX and GSX2. Can anybody help ? I have attached some screenshots.

regards

appie

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Floating Jetway, PANK - Ketchikan
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 08:12:36 pm »
In the GSX  parking customization menu, click on the airplane on the top right corner of the window, see if that solves it.
Captain Kevin

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 08:17:30 pm »
Have you disabled the 3 PAKT files from FTX PFJ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 09:02:50 am »
Are you sure the problem is really the jetway floating and not, perhaps, the airport + runway sunken ? From a cursory look at your screen, it seem the jetways are the only thing that is at the correct altitude.

appie

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 06:12:09 pm »
thankyou for your responces and I shall try them

appie

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2020, 06:26:51 pm »
hello again

That was quick. Thank you Dave, your solution worked. Switched off the 3 files and all sorted. You all have a nice day now. ;D

edwardpat

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 06:14:21 pm »
Are you sure the problem is really the jetway floating and not, perhaps, the airport + runway sunken ? From a cursory look at your screen, it seem the jetways are the only thing that is at the correct altitude.

The airport is at its correct altitude, as in PAKT the runway is a at higher level than the parking stands. I solved the floating jetway issue by disabling the jetway at that parking spot within the GSX airport configurator. For other reasons, I also had to disable the static aircraft and the airport objects using ORBX Central and the configurator for PAKT.
I think FSDT should look into this, anyway.
Cheers, Ed

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2020, 12:50:58 am »
 The floating jetway is caused by the FTX PFJ PAKT ADE which should be disabled to avoid conflict with the payware PAKT scenery. It's not an FSDT issue.

appie

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2020, 06:07:38 pm »
When I told Orbx how quickly you guys came up with the solution on their scenery they did not comment too much. I pointed out to them that they were very quick to blame FS Dreamteam and it was their sceneries fault and they did not say a lot. I also asked howcome those 3 files in the PFJ folder were not disabled when the payware scenery was installed, and there was no comment. We live and learn and Orbx have made the Flight simulation experience a million times better than it was with Microsoft.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2020, 02:08:07 am »
 As a rule of thumb, if you have ANY addon airports within ORBX FTX regions it has always been a well-known practice to disable the associated airport files within the FTX region.

edwardpat

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2020, 02:09:01 pm »
The floating jetway is caused by the FTX PFJ PAKT ADE which should be disabled to avoid conflict with the payware PAKT scenery. It's not an FSDT issue.

There are on my count a total of 6 files related to Ketchikan PAKT in that region (included in the "Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PFJ05_SCENERY\scenery" folder). Do you mean disabling all of them, or maybe just some of them and, if this is the case, which ones, please?.
Thanks for the tip, very useful.
Cheers, Ed

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2020, 07:35:41 pm »
 You shouldn't have 6 files with PAKT in the filenames, it only comes with 3. My thinking is if you have 6, 3 of them were already disabled and were replaced when you either updated or migrated your ORBX addons outside of the sim.

You want to have disabled the following:
ADE_FTX_PFJ_PAKT_Ketchikan_Intl.BGL
ADE_FTX_PFJ_PAKT_Ketchikan_Intl_CVX.bgl
FTX_PFJ_objects_PAKT_PLC.bgl

edwardpat

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2020, 12:49:33 am »
You shouldn't have 6 files with PAKT in the filenames, it only comes with 3. My thinking is if you have 6, 3 of them were already disabled and were replaced when you either updated or migrated your ORBX addons outside of the sim.

You want to have disabled the following:
ADE_FTX_PFJ_PAKT_Ketchikan_Intl.BGL
ADE_FTX_PFJ_PAKT_Ketchikan_Intl_CVX.bgl
FTX_PFJ_objects_PAKT_PLC.bgl

I have those three files that you mention, plus these ones (to a total of 9 files):

ADE_FTX_PFJ_5KE_Ketchikan_Harbor.bgl
ADE_FTX_PFJ_17AK_Ketchikan_TEMSCO_heli.bgl
ADE_FTX_PFJ_17AK_Ketchikan_TEMSCO_heli_CVX.bgl
ADE_FTX_PFJ_AK1H_Ketchikan_N_Tongass_Hwy_heli.bgl
ADE_FTX_PFJ_AK1H_Ketchikan_N_Tongass_Hwy_heli_CVX.bgl
ADE_FTX_PFJ_PAKX_Ketchikan_Intl_SPB.bgl

All of them are still enabled. All of my ORBX addons remain in the sim directory (have not migrated anything, and will not).
Thanks, I would only disable the three files you mentioned before.
Cheers, Ed

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2020, 01:22:21 am »
  While the other files are for the area around Ketchikan, they aren't part of PAKT. You can leave those files alone and just have the 3 PAKT files disabled.

edwardpat

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2020, 01:57:33 am »
Got it!. Thanks,
Ed