Author Topic: Error 1 running Patcher.exe  (Read 1348 times)

Jasona1972

Error 1 running Patcher.exe
« on: February 28, 2020, 05:29:51 pm »
Hello

I tried installing GSX. In the past when it gets done it tells me that GSX level 2 installer has been downloaded and wants to know if I want to install it in which case I have always said yes. However, this time it did not ask me about installing GSX level 2. I should add that it wasn't installed in the default location, I installed it in it's own folder on a secondary ssd drive or D drive. I proceeded to uninstall the GSX from the control panel and restart my computer. I should probably add that I said yes when it asked if I wanted to uninstall the "add on manager".  When I tried again to install GSX it seemed like it was almost to the end when I got the following error message, "error 1 running C:\Program Files x86\Addon Manager\patcher.exe which means Incorrect Function". When I clicked on the OK button to acknowlege the error I got the error message that says "error patching D:\P3Dv4\Scenery\Global\Scenery\vehicles_airport.bgl, restoring from backup now!".  I tried uninstalling GSX and installing a couple of times but nothing seems to work with out getting the error messages.

I chose yes to removing the Addon Manager because I thought it was only for fsdt products and was installed with the 1st fsdt product I would install on my computer. I also am wondering if it went wrong because I didn't install it in the default location. Did I do something wrong in either case? Is the Addon Manager something that other add ons use or is it something that is installed with installing P3Dv4? I guess I am not sure.

What do I do? Please help.

Thanks
Jason
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 07:00:35 pm by Jasona1972 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error 1 running Patcher.exe
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 02:17:10 pm »
Nobody ever reported this problem so far. GSX will work from any folder, and where GSX is installed or where the simulator is installer, doesn't matter.

Since nobody ever reported this problem before, the only possible explanation is something specific in your system, try all the following:

- Uninstall GSX, reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?"

- Reinstall GSX using only the current installer on our site. Don't install anything else, don't use an old download.

- Chose the default location, if you have enough space on C: If you don't, choose another drive but DO NOT install "inside" the P3D4 folder. If you want to install in D:, just choose D: and GSX will install into D:\Addon Manager, which is perfectly fine.

- Configure the antivirus to add the GSX install folder to its Exclusions. Add the simulator folder to the antivirus Exclusions too.