Author Topic: Cannot find updates  (Read 2237 times)

mrbill55

Cannot find updates
« on: February 18, 2020, 07:59:46 am »
I am using GSX level 2 with FSX. I have been notified many times about available updates.
When I select the update I am instructed to close the sim and use the toolbar icon. Problem is that
there is nothing on the desktop, and I cant find anything in any folder. What is going on? Where is
the update?

Bill C

Stefan888

Re: Cannot find updates
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 09:36:23 am »
Run updater located on your desktop...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 01:10:46 pm »
When I select the update I am instructed to close the sim and use the toolbar icon.

It doesn't say to use a Toolbar icon. It says to use the Live Update icon on the Desktop.

there is nothing on the desktop, and I cant find anything in any folder. What is going on? Where is the update?

Our installer surely has placed the FSDT Live Update on the Desktop. If you removed it by mistake, you can start it by starting the Couatl_Updater.exe file, located in the Addon Manager folder you installed GSX into.

mrbill55

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 12:14:57 am »
I am sorry but there is no Live update Icon on the desktop. It has been that
way for a year now.

Bill C

mamush

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 05:41:14 am »
Our installer surely has placed the FSDT Live Update on the Desktop. If you removed it by mistake, you can start it by starting the Couatl_Updater.exe file, located in the Addon Manager folder you installed GSX into.

Mamush

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 08:04:25 am »
I am sorry but there is no Live update Icon on the desktop. It has been that way for a year now.

Then it might have been a year since you removed it. That's why the second part of my reply included the alternate way to start it. Of course, reinstalling GSX will restore the Desktop icon, if that's bothering you.