Author Topic: GSX menu not opening up at certain airports.  (Read 5465 times)

terks43

GSX menu not opening up at certain airports.
« on: July 17, 2018, 06:09:00 pm »
The GSX menu, aka ctrl+F12, isn't opening at only particular airports. Among these are Flytampa's EHAM, EKCH, and Taxi 2 Gate's LFPG. I have done the C++ fix nothing changed, I have changed the menu from Ctrl+F12 to Ctrl+TAB+F12, nothing. This is NOT the normal antivirus issue that is discussed so often on these forums. But rather something new that I don't see anyone talking about on these forums. It may very well be an AFCAD issues if that is still a thing in P3Dv4, but I am no expert on this. I am currently running P3Dv4 4.2.21.24048 with SimConnect 4.2.0.0 This is a clean install of P3d and not an updated one so the issues with the client content update does not apply here. Thanks in advance if anyone can come up with anything, I'm at wits end here.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 11:44:29 pm by terks43 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX menu not opening up at certin airports.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 06:15:25 pm »
If you have the GSX menu under the "Addons" menu, then you can forget about antivirus, libraries, etc. If the GSX menu is there, it means the software IS working.

The reason why the GSX menu doesn't open only a certain airports, is almost invariably caused by an AFCAD in conflict. You can check which AFCAD is in used by GSX by opening parking customization menu, and see if the AFCAD used by GSX is the one that comes with the scenery.

Also, some of these sceneries might allows switching between different AFCADs, by renaming them. Due to the way GSX detects scenery changes, it cannot detect a file rename, otherwise it would have to scan each and every file at each start, making it very slow but, instead, it only checks the folder last modification date, and this doesn't change after a rename, which means, if a scenery file has been renamed, you MUST select the "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" option from the Couatl menu after the renaming took place.

terks43

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 09:02:53 pm »
I am unable to open the parking customization menu at these airports.

terks43

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 10:18:35 pm »
I am also unable to open the addon manager at these airports. I am able to before at the default airport, but when I move the aircraft to these airports it no longer works. Then upon returning to the default airport (KVPS) Neither the GSX or addon manager will open and if you tell Couatl to restart it doesn't do anything and disappears from the addon menu along with the GSX tab, however the addon manger still remains but you are unable to open it. Its almost as if something in these airports is causing Couatl to run into errors and freeze up but only when you tell it to update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 01:27:42 am »
I am also unable to open the addon manager at these airports.

Are you SURE ?

Its almost as if something in these airports is causing Couatl to run into errors and freeze up but only when you tell it to update.

If you cannot even open the Addon Manager menu, then Couatl doesn't have anything to do with this, and the only possible explanation is that another addon is causing errors to Simconnect, since the Addon Manager menu is totally separate from Couatl and the Addon Manager should always be able to create its own menu, regardless of what Couatl does, even if it crashes, or even if hasn't even started.

But the Addon Manager being a standard Simconnect application, which use and requires Simconnect to open its menu, it's possible that if something else is disrupting Simconnect, it might not be able to open its menu.

In any case, I cannot replicate the problem. We'll publish in the next days or so a video tutorial showing how to replace jetways at FlyTampa EHAM with GSX Level 2 so, you can be sure that, if that airport had a problem with GSX, we would have noticed it by now.

terks43

Re: GSX menu not opening up at certain airports.
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 11:11:23 pm »
As an update it seams like it was some sort of conflict with Orbx products. No orbx = no issues. Thanks for the help!

rockliffe

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 06:57:53 pm »
As an update it seams like it was some sort of conflict with Orbx products. No orbx = no issues. Thanks for the help!

Hi, can you expand on this. As I have been having issues for weeks and have tried every single possible avenue with no joy. What Orbx conflict are you referring to? Thanks.

Tamba765

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 06:48:58 pm »
     The problem I'm having is that the GSX jetways usually work at KIAH, PHNL, CYVR, and KLAS, but not at KMEM or KLAX. If I select "Show GSX Menu by-passing You Control" in the GSX tab, the "GSX Activate ground service" window opens, and then I'm able to activate the jetways at the airports I mentioned, but this doesn't work at KMEM or KLAX. I can't get the GSX window to open. Ctrl-Shift-F12 doesn't do anything, and this combination isn't assigned to any P3D function that I can see.   
     Also, sometimes when I start P3Dv4, the jetway cabs are missing, and I have to restart the sim to get them to show up. The "Restart Couatl and rebuilding airport cache" tab has no effect.
I have both GSX products installed, I'm not using any antivirus or firewall settings, and I've run Live Update. Thanks.
Pete Locascio
Pete Locascio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 10:56:35 am »
this doesn't work at KMEM or KLAX. I can't get the GSX window to open. Ctrl-Shift-F12 doesn't do anything, and this combination isn't assigned to any P3D function that I can see.   

Do you still have the GSX menu under the "Addons" menu there ?

Tamba765

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 04:07:16 pm »
Yes, I do. That's where I'm clicking the by-pass Ctrl-Shift-F12 tab to open the GSX window that operates the jetways. Like I said though,  at KMEM and KLAX the window doesn't open for some reason. Thanks.
Pete Locascio
Pete Locascio

adennis200

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2020, 12:08:12 pm »
Has someone found a solution.
For some reason all of a sudden got the same problem
Im loading up the sim at kvps with the f22 and everything is fine
I then put myself at some addon airport such as flytampa ekch and none of the menus opens up except for the settings menu

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2020, 12:02:30 pm »
If you recently updated to P3D 4.5, be sure you download and install the Content, because updating with the Client only won't work with apps that have a menu.