Author Topic: Jetway Page greyed out?  (Read 1833 times)

C130

• "With your eyes turned skywards...."
Jetway Page greyed out?
« on: January 31, 2020, 03:22:21 pm »
Hello, I just purchased GSX 2 after successfully trying it at FSDT KLAX.

I am at LEBB (Orbx). I have run the exclude compiler, ticking the "Jetways exclude radius" , quitting P3d and running the excluder.

When I load up the airport, I have a grey window for Jetway 1. I cant edit the Jetway?  

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT.

ok, after fiddling about for a few hours here's what I needed to do to get GSX Jetways at Orbx LEBB.

Go into the SODE folder and delete the XML file for LEBB. That allows GSX to place  GSX Jetway and permits use of the GSX Jetway editor. So, as a previous post stated, you need to replace a SODE Jetway with a GSX SODE Jetway.

Using the GSX compiler routine (as I did in FSDT KLAX) doesn't work at LEBB Orbx.

Hope that helps anyone like me whos a bit slow at computer files and folders! ::)

Thanks.

David

I flew to LGKR and GSX 2 is working with de boarding and the bus.

When I try a different airport, LDDU (Orbx)  I get an error bong saying "cant customise airport positions while parking editor is active? I don't understand this since I am trying to edit the parking and GSX wont open the editor?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 12:22:38 pm by C130 »
"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetway Page greyed out?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 12:46:28 pm »
Go into the SODE folder and delete the XML file for LEBB. That allows GSX to place  GSX Jetway and permits use of the GSX Jetway editor. So, as a previous post stated, you need to replace a SODE Jetway with a GSX SODE Jetway.

Using the GSX compiler routine (as I did in FSDT KLAX) doesn't work at LEBB Orbx.

This is normal and it's exactly how's supposed to work if a scenery comes with its own SODE jetways.

When I try a different airport, LDDU (Orbx)  I get an error bong saying "cant customise airport positions while parking editor is active? I don't understand this since I am trying to edit the parking and GSX wont open the editor?

Please indicate the precise, exact, sequence of operations you did at that airport.

C130

• "With your eyes turned skywards...."
Re: Jetway Page greyed out?
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 04:57:40 pm »
Sorry, my error. I had the edit window open behind the P3d window!  My error!

Regards
David
"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".