Author Topic: Problem at pushback stage.  (Read 2922 times)

Eckertomi

Problem at pushback stage.
« on: January 12, 2020, 11:12:26 pm »
Hello there,

I have got a problem at puschback stage. The GSX is working fine until I ask for pb and when they start to push my aircraft nose rise in the air approx 30 degree and the tail goes in to the ground. The ground crew not even asking for parking brake release and when they finish the pushback my aircraft nose drops back hardly to the ground and ask for set parking brakes. If i set the procedure stuck as nothing happens if i release it and set it again still nothing. I use aerosoft airbus prof. 1.3. And gsx lvl 2 with the latest update. It was working fine but I have reinstalled my windows and all the Prepar3d stuff  and it started working incorrectly so after a clean install.

Is there any solutions for this? I tried it at EGKK and GCRR it has happened at both of the airport.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Problem at pushback stage.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 11:55:14 pm »
The issue of not asking for parking brake release is a known issue if you're using the quick edit pushback.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 12:33:15 am »
This problem doesn't have anything to do with the parking brake ignored only after exiting a QuickEdit pushback that has been discussed elsewhere, and it's confirmed will be looked at.

Instead, it's not really a bug, but rather that, some 3rd party airplanes, depending on their modeling of ground handling, don't react well to the "Pushback Raise" feature in GSX, which realistically raise the airplane a bit when a Towbarless truck is used.

It's really impossible to test all airplanes, since their reaction might change depending on their load, we can only say it works fine with default airplanes, and that's why, the airplane customization editor page in GSX has an option to disable this feature, if you find a specific airplane has a problem with it.

Eckertomi

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 08:48:20 am »
This problem doesn't have anything to do with the parking brake ignored only after exiting a QuickEdit pushback that has been discussed elsewhere, and it's confirmed will be looked at.

Instead, it's not really a bug, but rather that, some 3rd party airplanes, depending on their modeling of ground handling, don't react well to the "Pushback Raise" feature in GSX, which realistically raise the airplane a bit when a Towbarless truck is used.

It's really impossible to test all airplanes, since their reaction might change depending on their load, we can only say it works fine with default airplanes, and that's why, the airplane customization editor page in GSX has an option to disable this feature, if you find a specific airplane has a problem with it.

Thank you for your solution thats what i am looking for. I will untick that option then.

peter w

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 12:08:39 pm »
Hi,
unfortunately i have the same problem in quick edit mode. I'm using the aerosoft Airbus as well, but FSX. Pushbacker don't ask for release the parking brake and pushback starts with a jumping aircraft. I unticked the 'pushback raise' but problem occurs nevertheless. So far I've always used the quick edit mode. I've really never had this problem. Only since I used the live update yesterday.
Regards Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 01:38:14 pm »
unfortunately i have the same problem in quick edit mode. I'm using the aerosoft Airbus as well, but FSX. Pushbacker don't ask for release the parking brake and pushback starts with a jumping aircraft.

You are confusing two separate issues here:

- The airplane jumping after the pushback starts. This is what I replied to in my previous post, which suggested to un-check the Pushback Raise feature. It might require reloading the airplane or restarting Couatl to become effective.

- Fact that after exiting from the QuickEdit editor, GSX will not wait to release brakes and will start a pushback. THIS has been acknowledged as a bug in this version, and will be fixed as soon as possible, but it's totally unrelated with the airplane being compatible with the the Pushback raise feature.

peter w

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2020, 01:45:44 pm »
unfortunately i have the same problem in quick edit mode. I'm using the aerosoft Airbus as well, but FSX. Pushbacker don't ask for release the parking brake and pushback starts with a jumping aircraft.

- The airplane jumping after the pushback starts. This is what I replied to in my previous post, which suggested to un-check the Pushback Raise feature. It might require reloading the airplane or restarting Couatl to become effective.

- Fact that after exiting from the QuickEdit editor, GSX will not wait to release brakes and will start a pushback. THIS has been acknowledged as a bug in this version, and will be fixed as soon as possible, but it's totally unrelated with the airplane being compatible with the the Pushback raise feature.

Yes, thank you and sorry. I was kind of confused

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2020, 08:14:02 pm »

That was why I mentioned the parking brake issue in the first place. I hadn't addressed the other issue because I didn't know off hand what would cause it, and I wasn't about to give him incorrect information.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 12:39:36 pm »
The brakes status not being checked after exiting a QuickEdit Pushback has been fixed with today's Live Update.