Author Topic: CRASH to Desktop  (Read 5615 times)

PresEVAIR

CRASH to Desktop
« on: December 26, 2007, 03:22:40 am »
I have VISTA Home and FS9 installed on my computer. I also have LAX and DCA installed. I downloaded ZURICH and installed it and when I go to start FS9 it crashes to desktop. I then lost LAX and DCA and had to find the originals and take everything out of FS and re-install LAX and DCA. Thank God they went back to work but afraid to try ZURICH again. Is there something I'm Missing?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CRASH to Desktop
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 01:52:44 pm »
FS9 under Vista requires DEP to be turned off. Instructions how to turn off DEP are provided on page 14 of the Zurich manual, fsdt_install_guide.pdf.

Another reason why the program quits to deskop, might be an older Esellerateengine.dll file somewhere in your system. To remove an old version, do this:

Look for the following files:

c:\ProgramData\Esellerate\esellerateengine.dll (this is an hidden folder, you have to enable hidden folders view in Explorer to see it!)

c:\Windows\esellerateengine.dll

c:\YourFS9Folder\esellerateengine.dll

If you find *any* of these in any of these locations, manually delete it.

Install latest Zurich version, then re-launch FS9, it will replace the newest/correct version at start. We are updating the installer to make this cleanup automatically in the next release but, for the time being, this should work.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 01:54:56 pm by virtuali »

Taipan

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 06:57:13 pm »
I deleted the file, but still have problems with the g2d.dll and fe.dll (after the LSZH Installation!)
Had no problems before...any ideas?

Regards

taipan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 08:36:51 pm »
I deleted the file, but still have problems with the g2d.dll and fe.dll (after the LSZH Installation!)

Sorry, but these two dll do not have anything to do with any of our products. fe.dll it's related to the FS flight model, and g2d.dll to the 2d user interface. We don't read or write into these two files at all, and are not connected to sceneries anyway.

Check you have FS9.1 update installed, this is a requirement.