Author Topic: Running FSDT Live Update today yields message  (Read 1904 times)

rcoultas62

Running FSDT Live Update today yields message
« on: December 17, 2019, 07:06:03 pm »
Just today while running FSDT Live Update, I'm receiving this message:

"Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel."

I'm suspecting this is generated by Visual Studio 2005 Runtimes x86 as the updating window indicates it is DOWNLOADING Visual Studio 2005 Runtime x86 files, then CREATING VS then Removing temp file (vcredist x86...), EXTRACTING Visual Studio...and finally Removing temp file (vcredist x86...).

Is this normal?

« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 07:26:27 pm by rcoultas62 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Running FSDT Live Update today yields message
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 04:32:24 pm »
Already discussed and answered here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,22675.0.html

What it's not clear from your message is if the Live Update is continuing correctly after that message (it should), which comes from the MS installer, probably indicating you already have a new version. The latest VC++ installers don't bug you for this, the 2005 installer apparently does.

We added the check for the 2005 version, because some users with particularly outdated systems didn't had it, and this cause the product not to work, since even if it's not required by our software, it's required by the FSX version of the Simconnect client.

rcoultas62

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 12:25:05 am »
Thank you Umberto. I am familiar with the post you linked. I understand what the live Update is doing. I just have not ever received that message before.

To answer your question...It does appear that Live Update continues normally after I click on the message, except that the message reappears each time and it appears to download certain scenery files every time I run Live Update. Seeing as I haven’t noticed any scenery anomalies yet, I’ll assume this new “ message” is harmless. Thank you very much for your response.

- Randall

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 11:39:43 am »
Seeing as I haven’t noticed any scenery anomalies yet, I’ll assume this new “ message” is harmless. Thank you very much for your response.

Yes, of course it's harmless, if you really had problems with the 2005 runtimes, nothing will work basically, since it's required by every add-on that can connect to FSX too.

We already made a small change in the updater that should do it silently, do you still see the message if you do a Live Update now ?

rcoultas62

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 06:06:18 am »
It looks like it’s all sorted out and working well. No messages Umberto. Thanks