Author Topic: Problems with installation and live update by Microsoft Visual C++ ... **SOLVED  (Read 2172 times)

FraPre

After I still have the problem in FSX in 2019 that parts of the building are missing at FSDT Airports, or only appear when approaching, I uninstalled everything from FSDT again, reloaded and installed with the antivirus software turned off. When installing or during a live update, however, the whole thing always hangs at the point where the file must be accessed in the Temp folder. Only if I uninstall the two files from the 2nd picture each time beforehand can I install something from FSDT or carry out the live update. The bottom line is that I could have saved all of this, because the parts of the building are still missing in changing positions. Problems of this kind only exist with FSDT airports! I have over 100 different providers.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 01:24:34 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problems with installation and live update by Microsoft Visual C++ ...
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 12:46:04 pm »
That looks like an antivirus problem, which is likely blocking the updater to run things from the Windows temporary folder, which of course doesn't make any sense, since we are running the *official* Microsoft installer, that is surely not dangerous.

Of course, if the antivirus is so bugged that is blocking even an official MS installer, I couldn't possibly imagine how much other damage is doing to the installation so, everything could happen.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder

- Reinstall all your FSDT products.

- Be sure everything, including the update, concludes with no errors.

ROMAN78

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 07:54:13 pm »
With all respect Umberto, this could be an issue on your end. You have hundreds of people that are having the same problem. To dismiss it as user end issue I believe is premat,ure. We've done exactly like you've asked to resolve it but had no success. Any suggestion is welcomed. Please don't dismiss us.Just asking for some help and investigative assistance. Some help and professionalism would help. Thanks in Advance.

ROMAN78

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2019, 01:19:02 am »
There's no issue on our end. It's just that, a new .DLL udpate in SOME cases *REQUIRES* a Windows restart and, our Updater is not made to force you a restart, which is normally not necessary, but in this case it was. It's not always easy to detect IF a restart is required, and forcing a restart on everybody, even when it's not, might annoy those that are not affected.

I confirm the problem is solved by running the FSDT Live Update again and if it doesn't, it will work on the next restart.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 01:24:22 am by virtuali »