Author Topic: GSX not running  (Read 2528 times)

Kareem Amozlouf

GSX not running
« on: July 02, 2020, 03:58:45 am »
Hello,

When I'm in my sim and I try to launch GSX L2 nothing works, then I go to add-on manager and I see that my GSX and GSX L2 have not been registered even though I did. I click register serial and this message pops up,

"The Couatlscripting engine hasn't started. This is usually caused by an antivirus that has blocked it. To fix this problem: Exit from from the simulator. Configure the antivirus and add the C:\Program Files(x86)\Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusion list. Launch the FSDT Live update or reinstall the software."

I'm not sure on how to do this, if someone can help guide me to fixing this problem.

Kareem Amozlouf

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX not running
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 12:05:10 pm »
Just do what it's saying. It'd be a little difficult to tell you exactly how to do it since we don't know what you're using for anti-virus.
Captain Kevin

Kareem Amozlouf

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 05:05:51 am »
Thank you for the reply but that's the thing, I do not have any antivirus except for the built in one that comes with windows 10.

Kareem

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 11:47:56 am »
Okay, so go to Windows Security, click Manage Settings under Virus & Threat Protection Settings, scroll down, click Add or remove Exclusions, and then add the folder to the exclusion list.
Captain Kevin

Kareem Amozlouf

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 11:15:11 am »
Ok it did not work, I think I know the reason why. I have Kaspersky thats why, I forgot sorry. Does anyone know how to resolve this.

Kareem

coolgovind180

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 12:23:30 pm »
Is your issue solved?

Kareem Amozlouf

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2020, 12:53:16 pm »
Clearly not, I just said that I have Kaspersky which is an antivirus so if someone can help me with that, that would be amazing!

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2020, 01:23:11 pm »
Kaspersky should have instructions of some sort. I don't have it, so I can't help you.
Captain Kevin

coolgovind180

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2020, 06:20:37 pm »
Clearly not, I just said that I have Kaspersky which is an antivirus so if someone can help me with that, that would be amazing!

I have a solution. Try it.. Go to the fsdt live updated on your dekstop and run the update. Then coautl engine will restart automatically . This will do the trick. Don't go to activate the serial and al. Just run the fsdt update.