Author Topic: Wide turn during pushback  (Read 2173 times)

Meyerflyer

Wide turn during pushback
« on: October 24, 2019, 01:20:15 pm »
Hello,

in my opinion, the turn during pushback is too wide. It starts turning way before reaching the taxiway, that the pushback truck is aiming for. In real life, the turn starts later, but sharper, so the aircraft is not that far away form the gate after stopping.

Is there any possibility for you to change that behaviour in a future update?

Greets

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Wide turn during pushback
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 01:19:03 pm »
That's precisely why there's a custom pushback option, so you can control precisely at each gate which curve you want to have.

The most important thing in the automatic pushback, is the curve will be reasonable and reliable and won't cause any strange problems, and the current version surely does. But if you want to make it exactly as in real life, and end exactly were you want it to end, it must be customized.

Meyerflyer

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 10:10:31 pm »
Thanks. I know that and I did some quick edit pushbacks already. But the "wideness" of the turn cannot be manipulated, as the turn radius is given. I can only choose the angle of the push in relation to the gate position and the distance the pushback is carrying on after reaching the taxiway marking. The radius of the turn cannot be selected. Or did I miss something? How is this working?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 10:33:31 am »
But the "wideness" of the turn cannot be manipulated, as the turn radius is given

Yes, it can, by positioning at least one intermediate node, which will control when the turning will start, with its placement.

Meyerflyer

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 10:09:53 am »
What exactly do you mean? What is an "intermediate node"? :)