Author Topic: SODE VDGS Pack  (Read 3308 times)

ianj844

SODE VDGS Pack
« on: October 31, 2019, 11:23:13 pm »
Is GSX compatible with the newly released SODE VDGS pack? Are there any plans to integrate this into GSX (mainly allowing us to set stop positions based on nose wheel position for different aircraft types rather than exit location)?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SODE VDGS Pack
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 02:36:55 pm »
No idea what that is, will have a look at it.

EDIT:

I looked at it and, the only feature I think might be useful and would require changes to GSX is:

Having GSX to automatically recognize a SODE VGDS, if present in a scenery, and activate it automatically when selecting that gate in GSX, so you won't have to select the same gate in SODE, just to activate the VGDS.

This will require both a GSX update and a SODE update to support that, since the two will have to exchange that data, same as when using 3rd party sceneries with SODE jetways created by SODE.

mainly allowing us to set stop positions based on nose wheel position for different aircraft types rather than exit location

I don't think this is necessary. Sceneries using the SODE VGDS will use the SODE placer to create SODE VGDS so, we should assume a scenery developer using SODE VGDS would have tuned the stopping distance to be in agreement with that scenery ground markings.

So, you'll just follow the SODE VGDS indications, it won't matter to GSX, which will work with all its services just fine.

The only thing you might have to do, would be configuring all the parking stands in GSX with a SODE VGDS to have "NO Parking System" as their parking system, so GSX won't call a Marshaller there and this wouldn't be required anymore, if we would update GSX (and SODE would be updated too), to recognize SODE VGDS automatically.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 05:13:58 pm by virtuali »

ianj844

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 08:09:42 pm »
What I mean by that is for sceneries configured using GSX docking systems I think this would be a nice feature.

jordanal

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 01:58:00 pm »
Please integrate SODE VDGS and GSX, soonest.  Thanks...
Regards,
Al

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 01:04:23 pm »
As this time, there's already some kind of integration built-in SODE which doesn't require any changes on our part, and it's the automatic activation of a SODE VGDS when a jetways is activated from the GSX menu, so you won't have to select the same gate twice.

The only update required to GSX, would be recognizing such gates, to prevent a marshaller to appear, which would be exactly the same as you manually setting "no parking system" at those gates, which will work as temporary solution, while we'll release such update.