Author Topic: Jetways and AI Traffic reconsideration  (Read 2061 times)

Ankh

Jetways and AI Traffic reconsideration
« on: November 11, 2019, 09:50:40 am »
Hi all, I know that with GSX Level 2 and the option to replace the jetways with GSX jetways results in no-docking with AI but this is really a trade off I do not like the longer I have this product. Now, with more and more current AI models and the availability of properly set exit points, AI jetway docking is possible on almost any AI plane and really enhances immersion. So it is a real pity that GSX Level 2, which is another great immersion enhancer, basically makes this AI immersion impossible...

Would it not be possible to offer a "light" jetway variant that is capable of AI docking without generating to much load on the sim? I mean, it should be possible to improve the default jetways slightly, I do not need super mega detailled jetways everywhere... Something inbetween, not the extreme variants only: either AI jetway docking and no GSX Level 2 or vice versa. There must be something inbetween, no?

Regards
Chris

joefackel

Re: Jetways and AI Traffic reconsideration
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 11:24:30 am »
I would have at least the option to activate AI docking.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 01:55:08 pm »
We confirmed multiple times that docking for AI jetways WILL come.

It will require a GSX update and a SODE update as well and yes, we'll might have to create "light" version of jetways for AI usage, but we must first complete the Pushback updates before doing anything else to GSX. And, of course, we would like to have further informations about the next MSFS, because everything we are doing right now, cannot ignore the fact we'll have a whole new sim next year.

atco

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 12:58:51 am »
Excellent news. I won't buy GSX2 until AI integration is included, its a complete deal breaker for me not having jetways docking with AI.
Look forward to this happening so I can finally get GSX2.

Ankh

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 11:51:00 am »
We confirmed multiple times that docking for AI jetways WILL come.

My bad for missing those. Thanks for mentioning it anyway, I am looking forward to this update.

Regarding MS2020: just be aware that thousand of simmers will still be using P3D, even after the release of MS2020. I would say that it will take at least another year until MS2020 might be a real competitor, I doubt that it will be right after release (no AI traffic, no addons, nothing).

OT: funny how developers throughout the whole simming community react on MS2020. If I remember how long it took many developers to finally make their addons available for P3D although many simmers already switched and almost begged for addons being converted, it is really interesting to see that now it is basically totally inverse: many addon developers already started or are about to start making their addons fit for MS2020 while many simmers are more than sceptical. How come? What do you guys know that we do not making almost every addon developer so damn sure that it would be a wise thing to have resources ready for MS2020 development? Is it the promised legacy mode allowing already developed addons being compatible with only minor effort? Is it the offensive marketing strategy and the fear that MS2020 will be THE ONE and ONLY simulator in near future? I don't really understand, but I am really looking forward to the release and see what MS2020 really offers out of the box...