Author Topic: P3Dv5 updating after GSX installation XML problem  (Read 4224 times)

borsiuk

P3Dv5 updating after GSX installation XML problem
« on: April 28, 2020, 02:42:33 pm »
Hi, I have a little problem. After installation of gsx standard it is automatically run update program, after start i have message that "xml Sim.Document not closed...line 2 position 1". I can click "ok" but after installation there is not GSX inside p3d . Inside SODE logs there is a problem with XML (red line). I try to reinstall it  but the same error appear. I have clean installation of p3dv5 with 3 demo sceneries from Drzewiecki Design and Majestic Dash Q400. Please help me what to do. I buy GSX with GSX lvl2 and can not use it. I do some tests, first i remove all addons, and then I reinstall P3D and try to install GSX - there is a problem with XML file :(
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 10:29:49 am by borsiuk »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: P3Dv5 updating after GSX installation XML problem
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 09:31:50 am »
If you tried to attach a file, it didn't work, I'm not seeing anything.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 11:11:57 am »
Inside SODE logs there is a problem with XML (red line).

That's clearly confirms the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, since even SODE installer says the same thing: your XML file is corrupted, most likely caused by either having edited it by hand, or by another program that has corrupted it.

However, you said you use P3D V5, but you posted the DLL/EXE XML files from %ProgramData% ( which are not the only ones that might be in use, there is another set in %APPDATA% ), but in P3D V4 and V5 we don't use those files, since we install the add-on according to the suggested method, which is the usage of the add-on.xml file, located in the Documents\Prepar3D V5\Addons

However, it would have been helpful if you also posted the line in the SODE log which might say something more.

borsiuk

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 11:43:37 am »
Here is some screenshots from SODE log

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 10:26:39 pm »
Your SODE log not only shows the add-on.xml file for our products cannot even be found, which of course is not normal, since our installer surely creates one, but it cannot even find several objects of a scenery that doesn't have anything to do with FSDT or GSX ( 3rd screenshot )

borsiuk

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 10:57:32 pm »
So what to do? I am not IT expert, just usual user of pc.  I do not know how to fix it. Your product can not be install even when I reinstall P3D (clean) and there are not  addons at all even orbx. Just clean instalation P3D and gsx and not working. I try to do install and turn off antivirus but the same. XML problem. I show you what happend inside P3D, I take screenshot.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 11:09:24 pm by borsiuk »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2020, 10:04:52 am »
Your product can not be install even when I reinstall P3D (clean)

Our add-on CAN obviously be installed, otherwise thousands of users would have reported it, not just you.

A really clean P3D V5 installation can only be done this way:

- Uninstall P3D V5

- Remove the P3D V5 own folder

- Remove ALL these folders:

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d V5
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d V5
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d V5

Documents\Prepar3d V5 Add-ons

- Reinstall P3D V5

- Run P3D V5 once, activate it.

If you haven't done ALL these steps, you reinstall is not really clean. Please try that, and install GSX as the FIRST thing to do, don't install or run anything else other than the sim itse.f.

borsiuk

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2020, 10:29:29 am »
I done it before but for sure I do it again with your instruction :) Thank you for help :) But I can do it later because of work to do .

borsiuk

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2020, 01:35:02 pm »
I do some tests and the same XML problem but this time I've noticed strange behavior of Advanced System Care Pro. Even when I trust GSX installation It blocked XML or all processes. I removed P3D like you said and Advanced System Care. Clean installation P3D and GSX and.......... YES YES YES IT IS WORKING :) THANK YOU VERY MUCH for advices :) YOU ARE GREAT!!!! PROBLEM FINALLY SOLVED, but BEWARE OF ADVANCES SYSTEM CARE :)

pete_auau

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2020, 02:30:14 pm »
I do some tests and the same XML problem but this time I've noticed strange behavior of Advanced System Care Pro. Even when I trust GSX installation It blocked XML or all processes. I removed P3D like you said and Advanced System Care. Clean installation P3D and GSX and.......... YES YES YES IT IS WORKING :) THANK YOU VERY MUCH for advices :) YOU ARE GREAT!!!! PROBLEM FINALLY SOLVED, but BEWARE OF ADVANCES SYSTEM CARE :)

another  advance system  care  issue,  dont  know  why users  bother  playing  around  with these system  care  addons  they  are  more  trouble  than  they  are  worth having.  Just  have  to ask  The  dev  at  fs2crew :)